Chapter 16

Louis' POV

Zayn knows. I didn't want to tell the whole school before telling him first. After all, he is my best friend, but right now I wish I hadn't done that.

He would hurt harry. I know it. If anyone knew about Harry and me, he would destroy him and harry doesn't deserve that.

He also didn't deserve what I did to him. My heart broke into a million pieces seeing the look in his eyes. He looked betrayed, and he had every right to feel that way. I can't justify any of this.

How could I do that to him? I promised him! He deserves the world, and he won't ever get that with me. I closed my eyes, thinking about every single detail of him.

Every little thing about that boy made my heart beat fast in my chest. Nothing compares to his eyes, though. Those eyes that I couldn't stop staring at it.

And there I was, looking away from those beautiful emerald eyes into a pair of brown ones whose owner also didn't deserve a single thing that was happening to her.

Here I am, playing with the hearts of two people, all the while having no control over my own. I need harry, but I can't want him. I don't want Eleanor, but I need her too.

I left Eleanor with her friends earlier as we went to our own classes, the one I had with harry. I couldn't face him, not after what I did.

When I got there, to my surprise, he wasn't there. He said he was going to class earlier, so it didn't make much sense that he wasn't there, but I didn't overthink it.

"Louis, would you mind coming with me for a second" Niall, I think that's his name, said to me in a hushed tone. "um, sure..." I said as I followed silently behind him.

The hallway was literally abandoned. There was no one there except Niall and me, and in all honesty, I was scared, for good reasons too.

Niall pulled me by my collars and pushed me up against the wall. Surprisingly strong for a tiny leprechaun. "Listen here, pretty boy" Niall's breath fanned my face.

"You're playing with both my friend's hearts, and I'm not going to stand and watch. Make your decision before I make sure your life is a living hell" Niall said darkly.

"What are you talking about?" I said, pulling Niall's hands off me in a genuinely confused state of mind.

"What do you think, asshole! I'm talking about Harry and Eleanor". My eyes widened at the statement. Harry?

"Um, what about Harry?" I said, trying to seem innocent. "I swear, Louis if you try to lie your way out of this, I will kill you" Niall said, moving in on me.

"Okay okay, fine move" I said, slightly pushing him forward. "Don't hurt them both" he repeated and turned to walk away.

He stopped halfway in his steps before coming back. "I forgot to give you something" I raised my eyebrow at his statement.

But before I could say anything, his right knee collided with my crotch. "Aaaaah, ow. What the hell Niall!!" I screamed, trying to grab onto him but I was too preoccupied with my current situation.

"I had to do something for them, oh and by the way have fun trying to make your little guy work again" Niall smirked before walking away. Ok, I deserved it but wow, that hurt.

A/N
Update! It's here. I'm so tired. I have school tomorrow. High school ain't easy, so imma sleep. Goodnight everyone. Enjoy the chapter
Love, Ari