Chapter 5- Oh Great Master!

Finally, Zeke’s initiation ended. It was a long and stressful process for Uriah and me because we had to set up a lot of pranks. Now, the scared little initiates have become full Dauntless members. Some initiates became factionless because of the recent rule change. I didn’t know any of them personally so it didn’t affect me too much.

                Four ended up ranked first. I guess it gives you a slight advantage when you only have four fears. It cuts a lot of time off of your landscape time. For some odd reason, Four chose to work in the control room and train transfers. He was first, and he chose to work the control room! He could have been a Dauntless leader; he could have been anything. Yet, he chose the control room. Sometimes I just don’t get the time. Actually, most of the time, I don’t get his motives.

                Zeke also chose to work in the control room. He has always had a knack for computer stuff, so I think that the job he chose would be a perfect fit. When I was little, Zeke would write simple computer programs for Uri and I to play with the assistance of Tori, a tattoo lady.

                After the initiation buzz, there wasn’t a whole lot to do so I hit the training room. It was where I spent most of my time. So that was the first place Uriah looked when he was trying to find me.

                I love knife-throwing. I just kind of have a knack for it. I love the feeling of the smooth metal in my hand. The cleansing breaths that I take feel amazing. I would be happy sitting in the training room for hours just throwing knives.

                 That’s exactly what I was doing today. I was just chucking knives at a target peacefully when Uriah came bursting through the door. I jumped a little, and my hand slipped, sending the knife that I was throwing into the floor.

                “Nice one, Trissy.” Uriah teases with a grin.

                “Call me that name again, and I’ll throw one of these at your face.” I threatened, showing him my knife.

                “Like you could even hit me.” Uriah says and flips his nonexistent hair.

                “Like you could do better!” I tease back, flipping my own dark ponytail. “Put your money where your mouth is!” Uriah could probably beat me in an arm wrestling match, but I highly doubt that he could beat me at knife throwing. Not to boast or anything, but I’m probably one of the best knife-throwers at Dauntless.

                 Uriah sauntered over and picked up a few of the throwing knives sitting on the table. He chucked one at the wooden target. It barely hit the board. I burst out laughing.

“I’m just warming up, Tris. Jeez.” Uri said with a roll of his eyes. He turned back to the target and threw a couple more. They hit the middle…ish. I learned that if I ever need someone with deadly accuracy, I shouldn’t trust Uriah.

“It’s my turn now.” I said with a certain air of arrogance. I picked up some knives and lined myself up with the target. I took a deep breath and let the knife go.

Dead center.

Looking back at Uriah, I gave a little grin. I turn back to the board and put another one directly beside the first one.  Then, I did a quick forward roll and threw my last knife. Of course, I didn’t miss. Uriah’s jaw was on the floor.

Then he came up to me and bowed at my feet. “Oh Great Knife-Throwing Master! Teach me your ways, oh lord!” Uriah dramatically bowed again. I gave a little giggle.

“Anything for you, untalented peasant.” I said with a grin.

Uriah stood up. “Now that’s just taking it too far.” He grabbed by waist and lifted me up over his shoulder. He carried me over to the sparring mat and threw me down unceremoniously, much to my chagrin.

“First of all, no.” I began. “Second of all, why did you even come in here in the first place?”

Uriah’s face went blank. “I forgot. I’ll remember later. Let’s spar, Great Master.” I grumbled, but stood up and got in my fighting stance. Uriah didn’t even wait a second before taking a jab at my face. I blocked it and returned one of my own. I kicked at his stomach, but as soon as I made contact, he grabbed my foot and flipped me on my back. We fought back and forth for a while trying to pin each other. In a flash he hit my midsection, and we both tumbled onto the mat.

“Oh yeah! Dare at 8:00. Meet at the traintracks.” Uriah said and we continued our fight. At some point in time we both ended up on our backs, staring at the ceiling, completely exhausted.

“I totally beat you, fair and square.” Uriah was saying.

“Absolutely not! I had you pinned before we both dropped from exhaustion.”

“Liar! I totally won!”

“No, I did!”

“It was me!”

“Uri! Tris! Get off your butts and get to the tracks! Dare starts in 20 minutes!” Lynn’s voice rang through the training room. Without moving our bodies, Uriah and I both raised our arms and gave a thumbs up, and it totally wasn’t planned. Twins have the same mind, don’t you know? With many groans, we rolled off of the mat and got to our feet.

To the game of Dare we go. 

*****
Okay so it sorta kinda bugs me when people say Dauntless play Candor or Dauntless. Like no! It would only be Dauntless, no truth telling! It's Dauntless that we are talking about here, come on. Anyway, they had their form of truth or dare. It's called Dare. All they do is do dares.