Chapter 12- Capture the Flag

I had just fallen into a peaceful sleep when I heard a bang. Lauren came running into our dorm.

"Everyone by the train tracks in 15 minutes!" she yelled. Everyone hurried out of bed to get changed. About this time now, the transfers are getting the same command. Oh what I would give to see their reactions!

I quickly slipped on black boots and a black tank top. I slid on fuzzy black socks and my jacket next. I put my combat boots on and laced them up tightly. They fitted to my foot perfectly. As I was running to thw tracks, I put my hair in a pony tail. Uriah fell into step beside me.

"So what's it gonna be?" He said while jogging beside me. Marlene came up by the other side of him. I thought for a moment,  then smiled.

"Capture the Flag." I replied.

We all boarded the train and stood around. Eric and Four made their way to the head of the group.

"Alright listen up!" Eric yelled. The voices slowly patterned out and heads turned.

"We are going to play capture the flag. The name is pretty self explanatory. Get the other team's flag before they get yours." Four explained.

"Your weapon of choice." Eric said while picking up a paintball gun. He tossed the gun to someone and picked up a box of paintballs. "Don't run out of these. They are important."

"Okay, pick up a gun and some paintballs." Four ordered. We all scrambled to pick up one. I grabbed a gun and slung it over my shoulder. Then I grabbed a box of paintballs and slid it into my jacket pocket.

"Alright, let's pick teams. Four, you first. You need any help you can get." Eric said with a smirk. He folded his arms over his chest.

"Transfers first?" Four asked. Eric nodded.

"Okay." Four's eyes scanned the transfers.

"Christina." he decided.

Eric smirked again and said, "Edward."

"Will."

"Peter."

"Myra."

"Al."

Finally all the transfers were picked. It was time for us.

Eric picked first. "Gabe." Gabe was a big guy. He was all muscle. No wonder Eric picked him.

Four turned and thought for a minute.

"Tris." I was slightly surprised, but I walked over to Four. Christina gave me a high five, and Will smiled in my direction.

"Lynn." I sighed. Lynn despised Eric. I wonder how that will work out.

"Uriah." I gasped. Uriah! Of all the initiates, it had to be him. He bounded over to the group with that silly grin on him face and squeezed me. "Yay! My favorite sister!" he was saying.

I noticed a trend. All of Four's team was lean and fast while Eric's was thick and muscular. I smiled. Four is smarter than I thought.

Finally the teams were picked. We jumped off the train first. We jogged beside Four. A transfer asked where we should hide the flag. Four just shrugged and kept on. I thought for a moment.

"Navy Pier. It's not to enclosed, but it has plenty of cover." I said. Everyone seemed to agree so we took off for the ferris wheel.

Once we arrived everyone started to make plans of attack. Some suggested all offense, while others suggested all defense. Everyone began to argue, but I looked around. I need a bird's eye view.

I melted away from the crowd and ran to the ferris wheel. I found a rusty ladder. First, I jumped on the first rung to see if it would hold. It did. I began to climb. About half way up, I heard someone behind me. I looked down.

"Hey, why are you stopping!"

I sighed and kept climbing. Once we got to the top, there was a small platform. I sat down.

"Uri, why did you follow me up here?" I asked.

"Just wanted to make sure you weren't doing anything stupid. Why are you up here?" He asked.

"Just trying to get a bird's eye view. And I can't see it from here so we need to climb higher. Come on." I stood up and began to climb, wedging my feet in between the cross beams.

Finally I saw a glint in the distance. "There." I said, pointing to it.

"Yep. Sure is. Now come on, let's go get that flag." he replied.

We began to climb when all of the sudden

my

foot

s

l

  I

    p

     p

      e

        d.