10. Baby Steps

You take your first steps.

Age- 11-ish months

Dean- 20 years old
Sam- 16 years old
_______________________________________

*Third Person POV*

Y/n was getting older day by day. I mean, she had learned how to stand up on her own, except that she would fall down just seconds later. But that's not what mattered. It's the effort that mattered.

The boys weren't always paying a lot of attention to her. They frequently went on hunts and often times, John asked one of the boys to stay with Y/n.

Sam and Dean weren't too keen on staying back in the motel and looking after an infant, but they had no choice. I mean, can you blame them?

As cute and adorable as y/n was, she definitely pooped and peed more than other babies. And that meant constant diaper changes.

So, Sam and Dean would end up fighting over who got to hunt and often times, settled the dispute with a good ol' game of rock, paper, scissors. As expected, Sam went on the hunts more often than Dean. (Always with the scissors, Dean)

But of lately, Dean had volunteered to babysit y/n. I guess the diaper changes were not too bad compared to killing vampires and ghosts. Also, it melted his heart when he found out that y/n's first word was "Bean", which he assumed was her trying to pronounce his name.

Dean and y/n sat on the floor at the foot of the bed in the motel and had the TV on which was showing Scooby-Doo. Both the siblings watched the cartoon with a lot of amazement and Dean having watched almost all the episodes, whispered things such as "n/n, look!" , "And then they found out he did it!", etc among other things.

Y/n got bored of watching the cartoon and crawled into Dean's lap and played with the Samulet. She loved the old thing. Dean looked at her and smiled adorably.

She is so precious

He wanted to go to the bathroom, so he carefully picked her up and set her in the floor. Y/n whined at this action, missing the warmth and comfort that Dean provided.

"Bean!" She yelled and motioned him to come and sit next to her. He chuckled at the action and said "I'll be right back. Sit tight, y/n!"

She pouted and saw him going to the bathroom.

Eventually, she got tired of waiting and decided to check on Dean.

She held the foot of the bed for support and slowly got up. She tried to lift her feet towards the bathroom door, just like she had seen Bean do it.

Left foot, then right foot, then repeat.

She managed to put one foot forward before she lost her balance and fell on her butt.

But, she was not the one to give up.

If Dean would not come to her, she would go to Dean.

By the time she got up again and put her foot forward, Dean came out if the bathroom. He was wiping his hand on the motel towel when he saw what the little one was trying to do.

His face lit up with an amazing smile and he went and knelt two feet in front of her. Enough space for y/n to walk, but for Dean to catch her if she falls.

She saw that he was close and said "Bean! Come! Sit!" And motioned for him to come forward. But Dean gestured back to her, telling her to come to him.

She was confused, but nonetheless, compiled to the action. She left the foot of the bed as her support and now put her first foot forward. When she was sure that she would not fall on her tiny butt, she put her other foot in front of the first one.

There. Just like Bean does it.

She took two more steps and fell into Dean's arms. He scooped her up and cheered for her. He then practiced her walking and after an hour of walking and falling and Dean cheering, they heard the familiar purr of the Impala.

John and Sam were back.

When they walked into the room, they were surprised to see the littlest Winchester waddle towards them and an over enthusiatic Dean waddling along right behind her.

When she saw John and Sam's happy faces, she gave a squeal of delight and tried to walk faster towards them and in the process, tripped. She waited for the floor to hit her face, but it did not happen cause both, John and Sam jumped in to  catch her before she fell.

"Daddy! Sam-sam!" She squeaked out

"Oh my God, y/n, you're walking already? You've grown up so much, huh!" John cooed at her.

Dean and Sam watched their father in total amusement as he was talking to y/n in a baby voice.

John then got up and patted Dean on the back and said, "Good job, Dean. You really know how to take care of her."

John barely ever complimented Dean or Sam. So, when Dean heard this compliment, his chest swelled up with pride.

He looked back at y/n, who was pulling Sam's hair and giggling uncontrollably. Sam acted like he wasn't hurt, but y/n baby hand had a death grip on Sam's hair. Dean untangled her hand from Sam's hair and Sam shot him a grateful look.

After all the walking around, y/n was tired to say the least. She kept on yawning and when Dean picked her up, she fell asleep on him. He didn't notice it until he felt something wet on his shoulder. When he went to check what it was, he saw that y/n had drooled all over his shoulder.

He tucked her inside the little crib that they had for y/n. She fell into a deeper sleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

They would have to keep a closer eye on her, now that she could walk.

_______________________________________

This is a little shorter than the rest of the imagines and for that, I apologise.

But OHMAHGAWD THE FLUFF! AH MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT!

If you liked reading this chapter, leave a comment and do vote!

Anyway,
Always Keep Fighting, my dudes ♥️