11. Daddy Dearest

Sam DDM

Sam abandons y/n when Dean disappears after they kill Dick Roman.
Dean comes back and finds out. Sam is confronted.

Age-17 years old
_______________________________________

I had been working at this restaurant as a waitress for a few weeks now. But it's safe to say that I absolutely resent it.

The other waitresses are bitches, the cook is at least forty years old, but still hits on me and the pay is shit.

Why do I work here, you may ask. It's because I need money and I needed a break from summoning demons and torturing them.

Uncle Dean and Cas vanished after we killed Dick and I haven't heard anything about them since. Crowley would not answer the phone and I didn't have the ingredients to summon him cause they were expensive and there are only so many places where I can use credit cards.

I always have considered myself to be a strong independent woman, who don't need no man, but I  never realized how expensive it was. Right now, I could totally use a man. More specifically, my dad.

My dad stuck around with me for a couple of months after Uncle Dean and Cas disappeared. But one day, he just got up and decided that he should move on. I did not expect him to do that.

The dad I knew was a man who literally jumped into Satan's cage if it meant that Uncle Dean and I would be safe. He has quiet literally died for me and has sacrificed so much. But this time, it wasn't the case.

When I told Dad that we should look for Uncle Dean and Cas, the response I got from him was "y/n, Dean and Cas could be dead. We don't know where they are, we don't even know if they are alive or coming back!"

To which, I replied "Well, that's why I'm saying that we should look for them! Think about it! If you lose your car keys and don't know where they are, what do you do? Do you just never look for them because you don't know if you're ever going to find them or do you look for them, hoping that you will? You still need the keys to run the car, dad!" I shouted back.

"Dad, Uncle Dean and Cas are the car keys and the car is our family. A family cannot function without people. Are you not even going to try to look for them?"

"Y/n, that's it. We're not looking for them. Stop obsessing about it. You're reminding me of dad."

"STOP OBSESSING ABOUT IT? ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO YOURSELF?! Grandpa was obsessed with finding out what killed Grandma. He knew she was dead. We don't know if Uncle Dean and Cas are dead! We don't even know what happened to them! And we won't ever find out if we don't even try to!" I cried out.

"Enough. We have to move on. I mean, that's what Dean would have wanted. It's what we tell each other to do if one of us dies. I'm not gonna look for him and neither are you."

"You're wrong, dad. Unlike you, I'm not gonna give up. I'm going to keep looking for them cause that's what family does. We don't abandon each other in our time of needs. We rescued each other. Now I'm going to go and look for them. You can either come with me or you can stay back."

I left dad to think.

He surely wouldn't just NOT look for them, right?

I packed my bags and when I came back, Dad was still sitting where he earlier was.

"So, you coming along, Dad?"

"Y/n, you don't have my permission. I'm still your father. You can't go."

"Newsflash, dad! I might be your daughter, but you don't control what I do! I have decided to go and I will go"

"Y/n, if you walk out of that door now, don't bother coming back." He said.