7. Drive On, My Wayward Daughter

Dean DDM

Y/n begs Dean to teach her how to drive

Age- 16

_______________________________________

"Dad, please?" I begged, showing him my puppy dog eyes that I learnt how to do from Uncle Sammy

"Y/n, no. I can't let you drive Baby. I just can't. I barely let Sam drive her. I don't trust anyone with her. No one." He said, looking very adamant about his decision.

That was about to change.

"I won't crash her! Please! I'm begging YOU to teach me. Not Uncle Sammy, not Uncle Cas, you."

"Why do you even want to learn how to drive? I'm here. If things get worse, Sam is here to drive you"

"Okay. Worst case scenario. What if both of you get injured during a hunt and I have to get you guys to the hospital or to a motel and Uncle Cas is not there. Are you going to drive yourself?"

I had a point.

Dad looked conflicted.

"Besides, dad you'll be there the entire time I'm driving. I won't ever take Baby out without your permission. Please teach me?'

He huffed. "Fine. But you only drive when there is an emergency. Okay, y/n?"

I told you he would agree.

"OHMYGOD, YES! TOTALLY! I WON'T EVER TAKE HER WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION"

"You better not"

"I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, DAD! AAAAHHH" I squealed.

I would look so cool driving the car. Hell yeah.

Dad smiled at me and muttered "kids" under his breath.

"We start tomorrow." Said dad and he went to sleep.

Little did I know, learning was not going to be all that easy.

But, I once read on Tumblr that difficult journeys always lead to beautiful destinations. Cheesy, I know.

I could not sleep all night. I really was excited. I've waited for this moment since I turned eleven.

The next morning, I was up early. Like a little too early. I woke up at five thirty. I made coffee for all three of us and accidentally tripped over my bag. That woke Uncle Sam up.

Did I also wake dad up? I hope not. Today is the one day that I don't want to annoy him.

Luckily, dad was still asleep. But Uncle Sam was very confused

"Y/n, why are you up so early? You barely get up when I try to wake you up. Is something wrong?" He asked. He looked borderline annoyed, but I did not care.

"No. Nothing is wrong! Today is the best day ever!" I whisper-yelled at him. "Uncle Sam, today is the day I learn how to drive!" I whisper-squealed at him, which I didn't even know, was possible.

"Really? Dean agreed to it? Wow. I'm really surprised"

"Well, so am I. But I put forth amazing arguments and I totally won him over"

"Amazing arguments? Well you certainly learnt from the best" he smiled at me, looking very proud of himself

"Oh please, you barely went to college for two years."

"Really? And whose fault is that?" He said, with the classic bitchface.

"Besides," I said, " I learnt all that by myself. Both of you are really stubborn. I picked up a few tricks along the way"

I chatted with Uncle Sam until dad woke up.

"Good morning, dad! It's a beautiful day! Here is your coffee. I figured that you can have it here and then both of us could go get breakfast from this diner that I saw on the way over and then-"

"Woah woah, slow down. First of all, thanks for the coffee. And secondly, what?" He had confusion written all over his face. He had just woken up  and his hair was messy, making him look like a little hedgehog

"Well, you're going to teach me how to drive!"

"Oh. I almost hoped that you had forgotten about that." He muttered.

Now it was my turn to make the bitchface.

"No, I did not. Now get ready and drink your coffee"

After a torturous hour of dad deliberately doing things extra slowly to annoy me, we finally got in the car.

"Okay. Get in. Here is the key. Start her up!"

I nodded. I put the key in and twisted it. It made a weird sound.

"Oh boy. Try again." Dad said.

I twisted the key this time and the car came to life. I'm guessing I had a stupid smile on my face cause dad told me to focus and drive.

"Okay. R is for reverse. Put it on D. D is for drive."

I put the car on D and very gingerly put my foot on the accelerator. The car started to move slowly. The roads were empty. So, it was easier to learn.

For someone who gets cranky when they don't get pie, Dad was surprisingly very patient with me. Even when I abruptly hit the brakes a little too hard cause I was scared to go too fast.

"Okay. Alright! There! You got it. Now go a little faster. I'm getting hungry!"

I looked at him. I was very uncertain about going fast but he gave me a reassuring look. Soon, after a bit of help from Dad, we got to the diner.

I didn't realize how hungry I was until I got a whiff of bacon. I parked the car, albiet it was a little crooked. But hey, give me a break! I just learnt how to drive.

We got the food and dad was looking at me wierdly.

"Dad, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's just that it feels like yesterday when you would crawl into bed with me and cuddle me till we fell asleep. You were literally the size of my forearm. Now look at you! You're so big. You're driving! Soon, you'll get bigger and then you probably won't need me as much"

"Dad, no matter how old I get. I will always need you. You are the one who taught me everything. My age will not stop me from still needing your help. Yes, I am growing older. But so did you. Doesn't mean that I will move away. I will stay with you, okay? Not just because you need me. But because I need you. I need all of you. Team Free Will sticks together!"

He smiled at me and kissed my forehead. The rest of the breakfast passed by us making immature jokes and stupid comments.

We got out of the diner and we got a burger for Uncle Sam. There is no way he's gonna eat a salad in the morning. That's just sad.

I got back in the driver's seat. This time, more confident than the last time. I started her without any problem and got the hang of driving.

I put on some music and Dad and I enjoyed it a lot.

Then he tried to change the station, but I slapped his hand away.

When he looked at me with a "what-is-wrong-with-you" look, I simply shrugged and told him..

"House rules, Daddy. Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole"

Ha! Take that, dad!

It was now his turn to make the bitchface.

I laughed.

I guess the bitchface runs in the family!

_______________________________________

Well hello there, folks! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I loved writing this chapter so much! Took some inspo from season 14.

If you enjoyed reading this, do leave some COMMENTS and please VOTE!

Anyways,
Always Keep Fighting, my dudes ♥️