Chapter 2 - The Signing

**

I looked at the young man in front of me. We had actually met before, I was childhood friends with Ringo Starr. After Ringo joined the band, he introduced me to the lads. Paul and I hadn't talked much though, only just met, and it was a very quick meeting. My only problem was that upon meeting him there was something about him that bothered me. He seemed very childish and very arrogant. He seems to like flirting too.

I'll admit that he was a cute boy, he had these beautiful eyes that dropped at the corners. His mouth that was formed into a little pout was slightly plump and cute, and he had these cheeks that were a bit chubby. I always thought his eyebrows were interesting too. Of course I think he must have plucked them.

"If it isn't the lovely Jackie Alison? Definetly met you before," Paul said with a deep chuckle.

"You two've met before?" Brian asked, one of his eyebrows raising slightly.

"Yeah I'm good friends with Ringo. He's gotten me to meet all the lads before," I said, shoving my hands in my pockets.

"Well then that's perfect!  We have a plan to have you two attend public events together. Basically we want you to act as if you're dating, for publicity," Larry said.

"Doesn't sound too hard. It'll benefit the both of you. We just need to sign a contract that confirms this. It lasts for six months," Brian said, placing a paper on the table.

I looked at the contract and then back up at Paul, before looking at Larry. Whenever signing something I always read it throughly. I hated singing contracts and I didn't want to be signed to anything I didn't like.  There were a few things I wasn't sure about, like being put into a house with him for the duration of this contract, or that we couldn't see anyone else while this contract lasted.

"I see Paul's already signed it, so then he's happy with this?" I asked.

"What boy wouldn't like to be in a house with a pretty blonde and be allowed to take her out, without even having to go through the awkward start phase?" Paul asked. "Sometimes the things we do for publicity can be extremely fun."

"Cocky bastard," I swore under my breath as I grabbed the pen from the table. Before I signed I wanted to just make sure. "I'm not locked into this for the whole 6 months, am I? I can back out yes?"

"Sorry love, but you're stuck with me for the next half year," Paul said.

"It's what the contract says, sorry," Larry said.

I sighed as I shook my head, praying this wouldn't be too bad. Maybe it'd be good for me, or at least that's what I had hoped for. "I'm sure I'll be able to handle it. I've had worse," I said, shrugging as I hesitantly wrote my signature on the contract.

"Isn't that lovely? Can't wait for this. She really does have a nice..." Paul's voice trailed off, making me look up at him. I saw him staring down at my body, more towards my arse. He then looked back up at me with a cheeky smile. "Face."

He winked at me, but all I did was sigh in response. He wouldn't have me that easily, I'm not stupid enough to fall for him so easily. I wouldn't let myself fall for anyone that easy, not after the things that's happened.

"Shut it, McCartney, just because I've agreed to this doesn't mean I'm gonna be in your bed so easily," I said.

"You two should probably try get along considering you'll be living together and be seen publicly together for the rest of the year," Brian said.

"Only if he quits being a pig," I said. "So when am I gonna be moving in anyway?"

"You have a few weeks to fetch your stuff," Larry said. He passed me a piece of paper, "These are Paul's contact details and the address you'll be living in for the next half year or longer depending if you do what to renew the contract in the end."