Chapter 8 - Lady Football

**

Paul was upstairs getting ready for our date while I was downstairs eating sweets on the couch. Last night was Ringo's birthday, and we ended up staying there for a while. We both woke up way past noon, so it meant I didn't have to wait long for the date. I still wasn't sure whether that was good or bad. There was some band on the television that I found interesting and decided to just watch while I waited. All of a sudden I heard a big thud upstairs, and a loud grunt from Paul.

I put down the sweets and went up to check on him, only to see Paul lying on the ground with his shorts half on. "What happened here?" I asked, also feeling a bit awkward since his was just in a shirt and boxers.

"I fell trying to put me shorts on," Paul replied, rubbing his shoulder. "And yes, you can look at this glory of a mess I am."

I giggled as I shook my head at him, finding his clumsiness adorable. "Y'know, this room is full of furniture. Surely there's something you can hold on to while putting your clothes on," I said, leaning on the doorframe.

"Yeah I think I'll work on that," Paul said, shuffling his shorts on the rest of the way. He stood up and dusted himself off. "So, shall we head out to the car?"

"That's what's gonna get us to the date, isn't it?" I said.

"I like when you remind me that we're on a date," Paul winked.

"Well then I guess I'll just have to keep a mental note to stop reminding you, yeah?" I said, giggling.

"Don't worry, I've got good memory in this jelly," Paul said, pointing at his head.

"Jelly?" I asked, walking down the stairs with him.

"Me brain I mean. Y'know, jelly, brains, brains are like jelly," Paul tried to explain.

"Yeah, great image you're giving me here, Paul," I said, rolling my eyes at him as I grinned.

He opened the front door for me and locked it behind him once we were out. I waited by the car and fixed my white t-shirt, pulling it down a bit. I kind of liked how it went with my red and white shorts and my red sports jacket, it all just matched nicely I guess.

"It ain't too far away, so don't worry about a long drive," Paul said, starting up the engine. He backed up through the driveway, and we were off. "So what do you think?"

"What do I think of what?" I asked.

"The lower half of my half naked body," Paul said, smirking.

"Well your tighty whities are quite hilarious," I said, giggling. "You could also probably brush those leg hairs with a comb if you wanted to."

Paul chuckled. "Funny you say that, I used to have a woman do that for me. I ask her and then sprawl my legs out for her to comb."

"That sounds ridiculous, no way you actually made someone do that," I laughed.

Paul shrugged, smiling, "I dunno. I was an interesting kid back then y'know. A bit cocky, a bit arrogant. I was called heartless once."

"So you ain't cocky now?" I asked jokingly.

"No, of course not. But I am only the best you'll find, the best of all man. The most handsome and talented of them all. You should be happy to be talking to me," Paul said, putting on a posh accent and puffing his chest out.

My hand flew to my mouth as I tried to hide my giggles. "You should've met yourself when we first met. The first thing I thought about you was that you were just some snobby, egotistical bachelor."