Chapter 21 - Padre y Madre

**

PAUL'S POV

Oh lord, the time had come. That dreaded time I think every boyfriend would be too nervous to even think about. But it was here, and I wasn't even expecting it to happen.

Time to meet the parents.

From what I was seeing, Jackie looked very much like a female version of her Dad. You could mistake them for twins if he was younger, the resemblance was that strong. The only difference is that I was scared of this guy, he was a bit intimidating. I just hoped I wouldn't get on his bad side.

The first to greet me was Jackie's mother. She gave me this stern look, her blue eyes narrowing as she looked at me. My hands got clammy as she stared me down, it felt like she was looking deep into my soul. She had some very intense eyes.

I made sure to get in as much as I could of them. It wouldn't be good if I couldn't recognise them out on the street. She had short dirty blonde hair, the exact same colour as Jackie's. It was styled like she was still living in the 40s, with very distinct curls.

Just as I was starting to panic from her burning stare, she suddenly smiled, before placing her hands on my cheeks. She turned my head, making me face Jackie's dad. "Oh would you look at him, Bill! Isn't this one cute?" she asked, pinching one of my cheeks. I looked over at Jackie, who seemed to be holding in a chuckle.

"Betty, let the boy go. You're obviously giving him a heart attack!" Bill said, crossing his arms.

Just to add the the resemblance, I noticed his grey eyes, the same as Jackie's. He had auburn hair though, and it was neatly combed back and held down by hair gel. His hair was greying slightly, the grey beginning to the original colour in his hair.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. Look at his cheeks!" Betty said, letting go of my face. I licked the inside of my cheeks, feeling sudden relief.

"He looks like a girl," Bill chuckled, making my cheeks go hot. I was used to hearing that, but I just felt embarrassed because I was dealing with Jackie's parents. "Oh well, he's still young. If that's what you're into, Jackie."

"Um, this is Paul, my boyfriend," Jackie said, standing beside me and holding my hand. "Paul, these are my parents, William and Elizabeth, or Bill and Betty."

I put my other hand out for them to shake, Bill being the first to shake it. He did the same as Betty, but without the smile at the end. He simply nodded to himself, before letting go of my hand and crossing his arms again. Seemed to be his favourite thing to do.

As soon as Bill was finished with me, Betty was very eager to shake my hand. She took my one hand with her two hands and shook it very energetically, almost like she was trying to yank my wrist off. "Oh, how do you do?" Betty asked.

"Good thank you, I hope you are too?" I said, turning on my be-polite-because-these-people-could-end-up-being-your-in-laws mode.

"Yes, I am very well thank you. He's a gentleman, Jackie," Betty said, placing her hand on her heart and smiling at her daughter. She seemed like a very sweet woman, one that was very kind hearted and easy going. It was like she was the kind of woman that was nice to anyone she either thought was cute or that treated her quite nicely. "Oh please stay with him, he's lovely."

"Yep, a total gentleman," Jackie said, looking at me with amusement. "That's why we get along so well. In fact, that might be why initially I got attracted to him. Y'know, he's always been so polite."

"But of course, you can't let me take all the credit, Jackie. I won't forget how much of a lady you are. How you acted on our second date, with the dinner, amazed me. You two must of taught her such manners," I said, trying not to burst out with laugher as I thought back to the time we admired each other for such great burping.