Chapter 29 - Paycheck

**

As the piercing light from the window crept into my eyes upon awaking, I felt myself being wrapped by Paul's big, warm arms. My hands were huddled between me and Paul's chests, and Paul had a leg slung over me. I opened my hands, softly running them up and down his chest in small lines. He was already awake without me even realising, so I got a bit of a startle when he ran his hand down from my waist to my hips.

A small chuckle came from his lips when I had flinched slightly. "Aren't you cute?" Paul said, his voice sleepy and groggy. "You were amazing... Absolutely amazing, love."

We had waken up earlier that morning and we did what we said we would once I was sober. I'm glad we did it then, because I could remember every single detail of it now.

"You were the one who did most of the work, you were the amazing one," I said, resting my head into his chest.

"Yeah, and you were the one who did all the riding last night. That's amazing," Paul chuckled, making me slap him softly in the chest.

"Yeah, that's 'cause you said your hips were tired after trying out so many positions!" I said, rolling my eyes playfully as I kissed his chest. He was my cute silly boy, and the boy I loved so much.

"I needed to find a way to say it other then be all 'ride me' and all. I had to sneak it in," Paul said.

"You're weird," I said.

"And absolutely loveable, as it seems from this morning," Paul said. He stretched his hands out and sat up. "I'm gonna go downstairs."

"Alright Paulie, I love you," I said.

"I love you too, baby," Paul said, giving my lips a quick peck.

When I went to lie back, I smiled and relaxed as I thought about Paul. How we could have survived not being together for even just a few weeks seems crazy to me. I watched him as he slipped on some jeans and walked out the bedroom, leaving me a wink beforehand.

It was so stupid, me thinking I could go without him. My love for him was so strong and unconditional, that I don't think I would have been able to last any longer without him. Paul was my love and my confidante, the man I wanted to hold me forever. He's the only one that could make me feel what I've felt since we've been together.

I got up and quickly got into some shorts and a t-shirt and made my way downstairs. Stopping by, I came up to Paul who was by the front door with the new mail he had just brought in. Something was really wrong though, and I could just feel it. There was something in my gut telling me something bad would or has happened.

He let out a deep breath when I placed my hand gently on his back, rubbing it. "Paul, what's wrong?" I asked.

Shaking his head slowly, he put the mail down on the table, and I could see what it was that he was holding. My eyes darted to a large figure on the paper.

£10,000? Sweet lord, did that look like a lot.

This was one uncomfortable moment. Our relationship was so real and had so much to it that we probably both almost forgot it was all just a publicity stunt. Money was great, don't get me wrong, but actually receiving it for this just didn't feel right.

We actually loved each other and it wasn't just for the cameras. I don't know why, but it just sort of felt almost like a slap in the face. It was like they were just reminding us of how we probably would have never gotten along if there wasn't any money, publicity or contracts involved.