A Broken Promise

Anywhere you are, I am near
Anywhere you go, I’ll be there
Anytime you whisper my name, you’ll see
How every single promise I keep
Cuz what kind of person would I be
If I was to leave when you need me most

~

“You should just leave her lo. Cancel the wedding and leave her.” Kylie tries to persuade the younger girl. Lauren stared blankly at her coffee while gently stirring it.

“I don’t know Kyles. I don’t think I could just leave her. Not yet.” Lauren shrugged.

“Yes you can! Man up Lauren! Leave her!” Kylie raised her voice. “I’m sorry. I know you still love her. What I’m trying to say is that you deserve someone better. Someone who could actually take care of you; look after you. Camila can’t even move, how do you expect her to look after you. You’re gonna be the one to take care of her. Every single day. Is that what you really want?” She added, causing Lauren to question herself.

Is this she really wanted? Was Camila worth all of the trouble? Or should she just continue with her life and leave Camila?

~

What are words
If you really don’t mean them
When you say them
What are words
If they’re only for good times
Then they don’t
When it’s love
Yeah, you say them out loud
Those words, They never go away
They live on, even when we’re gone

~

Lauren lifted her eyes from the magazine that she was pretending to be reading and watch as the beautiful mysterious girl argues with the bookstore manager.

“I DID NOT STEAL THAT STUPID PEN, OKAY!” The girl yelled, sounding pissed.

“Then how did it get inside your bag? Did it walk by itself and jumped in your bag?” The manager asked, not believing anything the girl said.

Lauren watched the girl again as she shook her head and laugh sarcastically.

”Why are you making this such a big deal? It’s not like it’s an Iphone. Why would I even steal a stupid little ugly pen?” Her face turned purple as she was becoming irritated.

“Stupid people” she whispered causing Lauren to chuckle.

”What’s your name?” The manager asked politely.

“What do you want it to be?” The manager glared at her.

”I’m serious”

“Like I’d tell”

The manager remained quiet, still waiting for the correct answer.

“Roxy” She lied.

 The girl sighed and continued shaking her head. She scanned the room and her eyes landed on Lauren. They stared into each other’s eyes for what seems like hours but in reality it wasn’t even a minute.

“Miss?” The girl flinched at the manager’s voice.

“Did you hear what I just said?”

“You know what? I’m done here. This is stupid.” She reached into her pocket and took out a five dollar note.

“Here. It’s for the pen.” She turned around, ready to leave the store when a hand grabbed her shoulder and stopped her.