Baby It's Cold Outside (2015)

I really can’t stay - Baby it’s cold outside
I’ve got to go away - Baby it’s cold outside

Lauren smiled softly when she realized that Camila’s grip on her waist had gotten tighter and said girl had nuzzled her face farther into her neck.

Her heart warmed inside her chest when she was pulled closer into Camila, leaving not even one inch of space between them.

Lauren absolutely loved when Camila was extra affectionate with her when they were in bed; especially after a night of passion.

It was something about the way she was held - firm yet gentle in Camila’s arms. Said girl would also occasionally rub her face along Lauren’s, mimicking that of a cat, which would turn Lauren bright as the sun as she reveled in the affection she was receiving.

Being in Camila’s arms made her forget about the world around them and all the problems chasing them. Well, at least until Lauren’s curfew came into play and she’d realized that she had to go back to her real life.

Being the daughter of a pastor and harboring a secret sapphic relationship took its toll on Lauren. Especially when her parents aren’t so fond of Camila to begin with.

Sighing and pushing the thoughts out of her mind, Lauren broke the comfortable silence around them.

“Camila, get up.” She said, but Camila, feigning slumber, did not respond. “Camila, I’m serious, get up.” After being met with silence once again, Lauren turned to whining, “Camila, I really can’t stay.”

It was now Camila’s turn to whine, “But baby, it’s cold outside.”

Lauren felt Camila’s lips spread into a smile on her neck, and she rolled her eyes at her childish behavior.

This evening has been - Been hoping that you’d drop in
So very nice - I’ll hold your hands, they’re just like ice

Lauren took hold of the arm that was wrapped around her waist and pulled it off, all the while Camila groaned and pouted.

“Don’t do that, you know I have to go.” Lauren chided with an eye roll, and then rose up.  

Camila followed her a moment later and sat up too. “But why? You promised you’d stay with me tonight.”

Hearing the sadness in her lover’s voice, Lauren turned and took hold of Camila’s chin, forcing her to look into her eyes. “Babe, this evening was the best evening I had ever experienced in my life. If it was possible, I’d stay in your arms forever – but I can’t. As much as I want to, I can’t. You know that.”

“Can’t you at least stay a little bit longer?”

Lauren sighed and ran her hand through her hair. “No–”

Before she could finish her sentence, Camila grabbed her hands and held them in her own. “You’re not even thinkin – God, Laur, your hands are like ice.” Camila commented before she brought them to her lips and huffed her breath on them, rubbing her palms against them once she finished.

Lauren’s heart melted at the sweet gesture, however, the smile disappeared from her face when Camila persisted with, “Stay with me.”

My mother will start to worry - Beautiful, what’s your hurry?
Father will be pacing the floor - Listen to the fireplace roar

Lauren knew she’d lose the battle if she let Camila continue on, so she pulled her hands from her and stuttered out an unconvincing,“I-I can’t.”

“What’s your hurry?”

“Don’t do that, you know very well how my parents are. My mother will start to worry like no one else, and I’m sure my father will literally leave a dent on the floor from his pacing.”