Clingy Camila (Camren)

Mid-Summer, Camila laid on her girlfriends lap, while said girl played a  video game on her new Play Station console. It was a common site, the brown eyed girl looking up at her girlfriend with adoration, as they both laid on the Jauregui’s comfortable leather couch. Camila peered up at the figure above her, taking in every detail as if it were an unruly obsession. She observed how the dark haired girl clenched her jaw every time a ‘bang!’ was emitted through the speakers, she examined her thick eyebrows and how they furrowed every time the other said one of her habitual curse words. 

As Camila scrutinized, she wondered if anyone had ever love somebody as much as she loved Lauren Jauregui. The most important person in her life ever since she was just fourteen years old, the being that knew her better than anybody else, someone she would do anything for, and couldn’t do anything without. 

Sure, Camila had been called clingy on more than one occasion, but hey it wasn’t her fault she suffered from separation anxiety disorder, it was a known condition, and she’d surely been diagnosed with it… it was a self diagnosis but that was beyond the point. 

Moments later, Camila sighed in contentment as she reckoned that there really was no place she’d rather be than next to the girl… except of course under her… ah yes that was indeed better… 

“Laurennn,” the brown eyed girl called… a call that remained unanswered as a series of gun shots blasted from the television screen. 

“Motherfu-” the older girl murmured. 

“Laureeeeeeen,” Camila called yet again, the thought of being bellow her girlfriend in a less compromising location already infiltrating her mind… surely they needed to get to the bedroom, yes, that’d be best. 

Around eleven gunshots, grenade, a screaming little green man later and Camila groaned, her head still atop of Lauren’s lap. She turned her face towards her girlfriends belly and lifted up the gray Bob Marley shirt she found there. Her eyes were met with her favorite shade of pale and her mischievous big brown eyes immediately lit up just before leaning in and blowing a raspberry against the girls stomach as hard as she could

… nothing. Camila furrowed her eyebrows and tried her luck once again; taking in a deep breath, she blew against the girls stomach even harder this time, emitting a sound that was well above the ongoing war scene taking place in front of them. That should do the trick Camila thought to herself; yet Lauren’s eyes were still glued to the screen, proving just how numb she was to Camila’s antics this time around.

“Lauren!” Camila persisted, the need for her girlfriends attention itching at her skin. 

“Wha- what Camz, I’m playing,” Lauren distractedly replied, her lower lip trapped tightly between her teeth, her gaze not leaving the game.  

“Pay attention to me,” the younger girl reprimanded. 

“I will, just let me, -ugh asshole!- Just let me finish this stage babe." 

Three minutes later, the green little man ran into a desolated desert. 

Seven minutes later, the green little man found an empty tank. 

Nine minutes later, the green little man was blasted along with the tank, yet somehow managed to survive and was now hopping its way up a ramp, his right leg left behind.

Twelve minutes later, Camila took a couple of her dark strands of hair in between her fingers, a beat after and they were making their way closer and closer towards Lauren’s nose, just a little bit closer and- 

"Camila!” Lauren shrieked, her attention now fully directed on the girl bellow her, who had just managed to plunge a lock of hair up her nostril. 

A robotic ‘Mission Failed’ was voiced from the television screen and Lauren looked down the younger girl indignantly. “You just made me loose!” 

“Im so boreeeeed,” Camila whined.  

“Do you know how long it took me to get to that level?”

“Um yeah, about sixty-two minutes, eight hundred curse words, and a miserable girlfriend!” The brown eyed girl shrieked back,  sitting up from her lap and facing her. 

It wasn’t new to them, the bickering, the fighting, it’s what defined them. They quarreled, they tousled, they disagreed, they kissed, they made love; they made each other crazy, it’s what they did. 

“Camila why can’t you just let me finish the damn stage?” Lauren reprimanded, her tone of voice coming back a little harsher than expected. She immediately felt a pang of guilt ran through her as she saw her girlfriends frightened expression; she had to admit that in that moment she wanted nothing else than to place her hands around that adorable face and press a kiss on those full lips. But she had to be firm, she had to make a point, her Call of Duty time was scarce and sacred, she wanted Camila to respect that; I mean sure she was the cutest living creature on the face of the Earth but still, some time for herself was needed. With that thought, Lauren stood up from the couch and went to retrieve her keys. 

“Where are you going?” the Latina asked immediately after observing the girls actions. 

“Out,” Lauren responded, trying to sound as indifferent as she possibly could, a task that proved to be almost impossible the moment she saw the tale tale signs of anxiety that Camila habitually manifested every time she left her side, these usually included damp eyes, shaky hands and uneven breathing. 

“I’m going with you,” replied said girl, a hint of panic evident in her voice. 

“You will not, I’ll be back later, just please, give me some space,” Lauren replied as unflinchingly as she could, trying her best to resist the ache that ordered her to grab the other in her arms. 

Facing off in the hallway, she tried her best to keep her firm stance and prove her point, while Camila’s mind speedily raced and ran through the options available to her; she debated wrestling the keys off of her, yet the task had been proven inefficient many times before, as she was easily overpowered by a stronger Lauren. Yet, said strategy was exactly what Lauren was expecting; she was surely surprised when Camila didn’t try to fight her to death for the keys, and instead ran away towards the back of the house, and into the Jauregui’s garage. 

“Camila?” Lauren called, skeptically, not knowing what new antics her girlfriend had up her sleeve.

Said antics were revealed when the green eyed girl entered the garage and found Camila laid out on the floor, just behind the back tires of Lauren’s truck, unwilling to move. 

“Camz, are you serious?” Lauren asked incredulously. 

“I’m going with you,” Camila stated once again, voice still somewhat shaky. 

“Hey,” Lauren sighed  making her way closer, “get up from under there,” she said as she bent down next to her. 

“Don’t leave me,” the younger one said, breaking down a little as her jaw started visibly shaking, her brown eyes anxious. 

It only took two tears falling down the girls dusky face for Lauren’s heart to finally relent. 

“Sweetie I was just going for a drive… please, please Camz don’t be like this,” Lauren soothed with a calm tone of voice, placing her hand on the girls face, as she wiped the tears away. 

“Don’t leave,” the youngest whimpered as Lauren sat her up and pulled her in a tight embrace; Camila once again found her peace, now on the the inside of the older girls neck. 

“I won’t leave you babe, I won’t, I just wanted you to let me finish the game." 

"I’ll let you finish next time, I promise,” Camila breathed holding on tightly unwilling to let go. 

… 

Three days later, Lauren and Camila laid once again on the Jauregui’s comfortable leather couch, forty-five minutes later, strands of dark hair were being shoved inside Lauren’s nostril once again; this time the little green man din’t loose any of his legs, this time the little green man died due to a gunshot to the head.