Blue is the Warmest Color *

*Sexual Content*

“I’m not hanging out with her.” Lauren stated matter of factly to her mother standing by her bed room door.

“Yes. You are, Lauren.” Clara stated.

“No…I’m really not.” Lauren said back to her mom in a not so polite tone.

“Lauren…” Her mother warned. “You are spending some time with her when she comes over later. No ifs, ands, or buts, got it?” Clara turned on her heel to exit her daughters’ room, but before she did, she quickly glanced over her shoulder, “And by the way, I don’t like your attitude.” And with that she made her way out of Lauren’s room, leaving her no room to argue.

Lauren rolled her eyes and sighed deeply, realizing that one way or another she’d have to hang out with Camila later when her family came over. It’s not that Lauren didn’t like Camila… Actually, no, she didn’t. Ever since the Cabello family moved in next door a few years ago, Lauren’s parents befriended them and now they’re the best of friends. On the other hand, Lauren and Camila didn’t get along very well. Lauren’s mother always thought that Camila was such a well-rounded person, and Clara was always comparing her daughter to the younger girl.

Camila was smart, Camila had good grades, Camila played instruments, Camila had something going for herself…Camila this, Camila that. Lauren was tired of hearing herself be compared to her, that she grew so frustrated and developed a certain kind of dislike for the brunette. Lauren was her own person, and she hated feeling that her mom wasn’t accepting of who she was, and wanted her to be someone she wasn’t. Lauren just hated having to spend time with Camila because she knew that it would just remind her mom and herself of ‘what could be going for her’. Guess she would just have to suck it up and deal with her tonight, right?

—-

Lauren was sitting on her bed, eyes closed with her earphones in as she listened to her music at the highest volume they could possibly go when her mom came barging in and pulled them right out.

Lauren, startled by her mothers’ movement jumped up and her eyes shot open, a hand going up to her chest in shock. “What the fu…?” Her face flushed red when she realized it was her mom towering over her on the side of the bed. “I mean-” she stuttered before Clara cut her off.

“Camila and her family are here. Come down and say hi to everyone, okay?” Her mom said, disregarding that her daughter almost full on cursed in front of her. Maybe she was just used to hearing her do so anyways.

Lauren groaned loudly before flinging both of her feet over the side of the bed and standing up to go downstairs.

“Lauren…what did I tell you about your attitude?” The older woman warned.

“Ok, sorry.” She said with emphasis on the last word. “Jeez…” she muttered under her breath as she made her way out the bedroom door, her mom trailing behind.

“What was that, Lauren?” Clara asked, seemingly hearing Lauren mumble under her breath annoyed.

Lauren ignored her mother and continued to make her way down the flight of stairs, plastering a fake smile on her face once the family who lived next door was in sight. She gave each of them a hug and a peck on the cheek in greeting, but only giving Camila a wave and smile.

“Lauren, sweetie, why don’t you take Camila up to your room?” Clara said once she saw that Lauren had greeted the Cabello’s. Lauren simply gave a fake smile and nodded at her mother’s words as she then directed Camila to come upstairs with her.

Once they reached her room, Lauren sat on the bed as her back rested against the headboard, noticing that Camila was still standing at the door looking around the room.