Matsukaze Tenma X Sorano Aoi

Weeping Skies.

When Tenma first laid eyes on Aoi, she had a yellow raincoat on, hot pink shoes with elephant prints and she was dancing in the rain. Her hair used to be long and ever so soft it used to tempt the winds to run through it. Aoi loved her hair and Tenma loved Aoi.

When Aoi first laid eyes on Tenma, he was standing under the rain, his cheeks red and his eyes swollen, he had been lost. His cheeks were even chubbier under the rain, they made the rain ache to caress them. Tenma loved his cheeks and Aoi loved Tenma.

When he saw her his sobs ceased and his eyes filled with wonder. She was absolutely stunning, was she an angel? He didn't know but from the stories he'd heard about angels she probably was.

When she saw him her dancing ceased and her eyes sparkled. His cheeks and nose were red, like a clown but red suited him. Was he a prince? She didn't know but she really hoped he was the prince to her cinderella.

She approached him slowly with furrowed brows, why was the boy crying? "Are you okay?" she asked him with a light tilt over her head.

He sniffled before he shook his head, "N-No... I'm lost." and the boy began crying all over again.

The girl panicked and not knowing what to do she rested her palms on either sides of his cheeks and squashed. It was strange but it calmed the boy down, "Do you want me to help you find mama and papa?"

"No... Not Mama and Papa, Aki Nee-chan"

The girl smiled and nodded, "Okay."

Aoi held Tenma's hand for the first time. Tenma squeezed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they were nine it rained again. The school forced the students to remain in class during lunch. While Aoi decided to pass time drawing, Tenma looked out the window and traced the raindrops as they fell, one by one.

The teacher left to the calling of nature and hopefully to grab herself a cup of coffee afterwards.

"Hey." a girl nudged Aoi, "Can you lend me your pink? Mine broke."

"Huh? But I'm colouring with it... and yours is there." Aoi pointed to where the pink coloured pencil laid on the table. The girl burned in rage to have her lie seen through. She wanted Aoi's pink, hers sucked.

"I want yours."

"But you have your own."

"Yours is better."

"I'm colouring with it--"

The girl stood up, slamming her hands on the table angrily. "I SAID I WANTED YOURS! DON'T YOU GO THINKING YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE PRETTY HAIR! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SHARE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! YOU'RE NOTHING WITHOUT YOUR HAIR, OKAY? LOOK, I'LL PROVE IT!" the girl grabbed her pair of scissors and with her friend's help pinned Aoi to the table. Just before she could start cutting Aoi's precious hair away Tenma interrupted them.

"Don't cut her hair! That's mean!"

"Well she was mean to me first! She thinks she's better than me so I'm going to show her she isn't!"

"Aoi isn't mean... she's very kind."

"SHE IS MEAN! AND I'M GOING TO PUNISH HER FOR IT, MEAN PEOPLE SHOULD BE PUNISHED."

"W-Well I won't let you!" Tenma yelled though he was obviously scared. Scissors were sharp.

"Oh yeah? What are you going to do about it faty?"

"I'm not fat! I just have chubby cheeks!"

"Well they're ugly." The girl scoffed, her voice dripping with cruel venom.

"That's not true, my mum says they're cute."

"Well your mum is a liar."

"My mum is not a liar!"

"She is. They make you look like an ugly fat pig."

Tenma's eyes pricked with tears at being insulted so harshly but the girl didn't stop, "Ewww, the pig is crying. Gross."

Tenma ran away. Aoi's hair was cut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now they were twelve, Aoi insisted on keeping her hair short not wanting to make anyone else feel inferior to her because of it and Tenma had picked soccer to burn his baby fat away.

It rained again and Tenma was once more crying, hiding under the school's stairs.

"Tenma?" Aoi called out to the boy, her voice laced with sadness at the sight of her tears. "What's wrong?" she asked, sitting next to him.

"I... I can't burn it away." He sobbed, immediately hugging Aoi and clutching her shirt. He needed comfort. "No matter what I do I can't burn the fat away... I-I look... I look so disgusting like this... I look.. So.. so gross, and I can't fix it! I... I can't... I can't fix it! Everyone is going to hate me if I stay like this--"

Aoi flattened her palms against Tenma's cheeks and squashed. He calmed down, his sobs turing to mere sniffles. "No one is going to hate you, and even if they do you'll always have me, I'll never hate you. Plus you're not fat anyways. Stop worrying."

Aoi really was an angel and Tenma didn't deserve her. He didn't.

After a moment of simply enjoying each others embrace Tenma asked a question that pained Aoi's heart, "Why don't you hate me?"

Aoi smiled softly and though her heart ached her voice was just as gentle and sweet as always, "I told you didn't I? It's because you're my prince charming..."

"And you're my guardian angel," Tenma finished off her sentence for her, smiling.

"Yep." Aoi said, popping the 'p', "Now come on, lets get to class."

"Okay."

And Tenma thought that maybe, maybe everything will be alright, that as long as he had Aoi everything else didn't matter, everyone else didn't matter. As long as he and Aoi had each other, then everything was okay.

Aoi loved Tenma and Tenma loved Aoi, but fate and love don't always agree and fate is cruel. At age twelve Tenma's plane crashed. And there was Aoi, sprawled over his coffin, her tears a waterfall of sadness, "I was supposed to be your guardian angel, but I couldn't protect you... please come back to me my prince, what am I to do without you? ...come back, Tenma." On that day, it rained too. Aoi finally understood what Tenma never had the chance to, The skies only rained when it weeped for them.

 ♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧ 

Lunar: This one-shot is a part of my requests special. It's word count is 1057 and it was requested by the stunning @Inazuma11Fangirl3923 !  I hope you enjiyed it..... and maybe cried? I'm sorry I was in the mood for angst.

Fudou: You're a cruel woman, Lunar.

Lunar: Yeah... I am.

Fudou: But you're my cruel woman so its fine.