08. Emily

Colors of the Wind

"Well, it's time for school kids!"

My eyes lock onto Jeremy sitting down at the kitchen counter, doing his homework

My eyes lock onto Jeremy sitting down at the kitchen counter, doing his homework. I shoot Elena a confused gaze and I walk over to her, taking a seat down on the couch.

"What's going on with him?" I ask curiously and Elena shrugs her shoulders.

"He's not doing drugs or drinking. Damon definitely did a little more than we asked," she points out and I chew on my bottom lip.

"Did anything fun happen at Stefan's birthday party?" I ask and Elena glances away, a frown painting her face.

"Damon killed Lexi, she was Stefan's best friend. He seems to ruin everything," she scoffs out with annoyance, and I press my lips together.

"Well, it's time for school kids!" I announce with a loud voice and Jeremy lifts up his head, his soft eyes staring into mine. I cock an eyebrow and he quickly shoves all his stuff into his backpack, following Elena out of the door.

I let out a deep sigh and turn around only to bump into someone else. I quickly jump back and let out a tiny gasp as Damon's blue eyes lock onto mine. His pink lips curl up into a wide grin and my heart thumps against my chest.

"What are you doing here?" I scoff out, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Don't forget, you're the one who invited me in," he waves his finger around my face and I clench my jaw.

"That was before I found out you were a raging murderer vampire," I comment, backing away from him and he raises his eyebrow with interest.

"Point taken," he inhales sharply and I shoot him a harsh glare.

"What do you want, Damon?" I ask with a firmer tone and his raven hair falls down into his dark blue eyes and he steps closer.

"Bonnie has something I need and you are friends with the witch. So, I need you to get it for me," he suggests and I shake my head rapidly.

"I don't know what you're talking about and why would I help you?" I ask, anger pumping through my veins. Damon continues to walk forward and I take a step back each time until my back hits the cold wall.

Anxiety fills my body and I press my palms against the wall as he towers over me. "Where is the necklace?" Damon asks, his voice turning serious.

"For the last time, I don't know what you're talking about," I state clearly and he places his arm on the wall above my head. He gazes into my eyes for a moment and my chest pounds. I blink and by the time I open my eyes, I see the front door slam shut and Damon gone with the wind.

I let out a deep breath and I clench my fists. I pace back and forth until the front door opens, and Elena walks inside, back home from school.

"What does Damon want with Bonnie?" I ask with confusion and Elena lowers her head.

"She has this necklace. Caroline got it from Damon and she gave it Bonnie and now he wants it back," she explains with a quick voice 

"Over a stupid necklace?" I ask with disbelief.

"It belonged to one of her ancestors during the war. Damon and Stefan could've known her. Her name with Emily," she points out and I chew on my bottom lip nervously.

"Damon was asking me about it earlier, I didn't know what he was talking about. Now I do," I let out a deep sigh, sucking in my bottom lip.

"It was a big mistake inviting Damon in," Elena reveals with a soft voice, staring out onto the road.

"You weren't the one who invited him in, I did. The necklace probably has something to do with Katherine that's why he wants it so bad," I announce, shivers running down my spine. My sister's lips slightly part open and she nods her head.

"It all makes sense," she mutters out.