47. Kaboom Bridge

Colors of the Wind

"Your brother just tried to drive me and Elena off Wickery bridge."

Elena and I walk through the deep, dark woods flashing our flashlights around the Fell Cemetry

 "Remind me again why we are walking through the creepy woods," I mumble out, chills running down my spine.

"We are trying to find the house where Stefan is keeping Klaus' family. We can give Klaus his family back and he can leave town for good," my sister reassures me and I nod my head.

Suddenly a branch snaps behind me and I whip my head around, facing Stefan. He grabs onto me and places a hand over my mouth, muting my shouts. I dig my feet into the ground and squirm, trying to get out of his grasp.

"Both of you come with me now or I'll snap her neck," Stefan threatens and my heart skips a beat. Elena's eyes widen and she gulps, nodding her head.

Stefan drags us out of the woods and into his tiny red car. I sit in the back as he takes off rapidly, his eyes focused on the road.

"What are you doing, Stefan?" Elena asks with confusion as his engine rumbles loudly. He picks Elena's phone as it rings and I sink down in my figure.

"Hello, Damon. Sam and Elena are a little busy. Making my next move. Let me ask you something. What's Klaus gonna do when he can't create anymore hybrids?" Stefan asks with cocky tone.

He hangs up the call and throws my sister's phone out the window and I furrow my eyebrows with confusion.

"So, what's the big plan Stefan?" I scowl out with anger, glaring into his eyes.

"I took Klaus' family to make him suffer. I'm not going to let him make him suffer more," Stefan explains and Elena cocks her head.

"What are you going to do? Lock me in a cell?" Elena scoffs out with annoyance, glaring into Stefan's dark eyes.

"Maybe I'll just turn you into a vampire," he mumbles out with a serious tone and Elena's jaw drops open.

"Stefan, how nice to hear your voice," Klaus comments over the speaker.

"Tell your hybrids to get out town," Stefan demands firmly and I lower my head.

"Well, that's not gonna happen until I get my coffins back," Klaus retorts harshly.

"Well, then I'm going to drive your blood source off of Wickery bridge," Stefan announces and the color drains from my face. Stefan pushes his foot down on the gas pedal and my chest pounds heavily.

"I don't believe you, Stefan. You won't kill her," Klaus chuckles out and Stefan bites into his wrist, shoving it into Elena's mouth. She groans out loudly and the blood covers her lips.

"I just fed her my blood. No hybrids if she's a vampire," Stefan raises his voice as we round the corner to Wickery Bridge.

"You won't do it," Klaus protests, his voice filled with a bit of fear.

"Really? Try me. Say goodbye to your family, Klaus," Stefan comments with a calm voice, jerking his steering wheel and my lips tremble.

"Fine. I'll send them away. You win," Klaus states harshly, but Stefan continues to drive on the bridge out of control. I pant heavily and my eyes dart around nervously.

"Stop the car, Stefan!" Klaus demands through gritted teeth. Suddenly the car comes to a harsh stop and I fly forward in my seat, my stomach churning. I stumble out of the car, slamming the door shut and I place a hand over my chest.

"It had to be do. He had to believe it and your fear sold it," Stefan assures us as him and Elena climb out of the car.

"What the hell was that?!" I raise my voice, anger pumping through my veins. My heart pounds against my chest and I hunch over, wanting to vomit. 

"Your knew our parents died on that bridge. I almost did!" Elena sobs out loudly. The tears well up in my eyes as I shake my head with disbelief.

My legs beneath me feel like pudding, weak. "Come on. Get back in the car," Stefan demands, opening the door and I scoff loudly.

"We aren't going anywhere with us. I'm walking home," I mumble out, marching off the bridge and down on the side of the road. The tears sting my cheeks as they roll down my face and I sniffle quietly, crossing my arms over my chest.

I push the door open to the Salvatore house and Damon jolts up from the couch.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Damon asks, rushing up with concern. I wipe away the tears on my face and I lower my head.

"No, I'm not. Your insane brother just tried to drive me and Elena off Wickery bridge," I state harshly and his eyes soften. Damon reaches out his hand, cupping the back of my head and pulling me into him.

I instantly wrap my arms around his torso and bury my head into his chest, hot tears streaming down my face. He gently runs his finger through my hair and I let out a shaky breath.