54. Arms of the Ocean

Colors of the Wind

"You love me?"

"Are you sure that going to Denver with Damon is a good idea?" Elena asks curiously, pouting and I shrug my shoulders

"No, not really, but I have to if I even have a chance of trying to forgive him," I mumble out, letting out a deep sigh.

"You even flown first class?" Damon asks with a mischievous smirk across his face. I cross my arms over my chest and shoot him a snarky glance.

"And who did you have to compel for that?" I scoff out with annoyance and Damon knits his thick eyebrows together.

"Please I used Miles. Come on," he gestures his head towards the door and I shoot Elena a firm glance.

"Katherine sired us, Rose sired Katherine, all we need to do is find out who sired Rose," Damon explains the situation.

"So, you traveled across the country to get me to talk to a dead vampire?" Jeremy asks with disbelief, a smile tugging on his face.

"Dead vampire's redundant, but yes," Damon sighs out.

"I can't. I could talk to Anna and Vicki because I knew them. I've never even met Rose," Jeremy replies dryly.

"What good is you dying and coming back to life if you can't talk to a ghost when I need you to?" Damon asks and I shoot him a harsh glare.

"Rose spent a very long time running from Klaus. She and Damon were kind of close, so maybe we can use you as a connection," I suggest and Damon pouts.

"Fine, fine, but can we do this later? My friend just got here and yes, Damon, I actually have some. I'll call you when I'm done," Jeremy announces, walking away from us. I scoff and turn around to see Kol Mikaelson walking straight towards us with a baseball bat in hand and an evil grin.

"Damon, it's Kol!" I raise my voice, stumbling back. Kol swings the wooden bat at Damon, easily taking him down on the ground. The wooden bat breaks on impact and my eyes widen.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jeremy asks, his jaw dropping open with shock.

"No hard feelings mate, but we're not buds," Kol announces with a thick accent and he gazes over at me. Kol grabs a metal bat and I gulp as he marches over towards Damon.

Suddenly Damon whooshes onto his feet and uses one hand to stop the metal bat and drives the wooden bat through Kol's chest. A gasp escapes my lips as Kol falls face first on the ground and the wooden spike sticks out from his back.

"Did you kill him?" Jeremy asks, glancing down at Kol's body and I shake my head, rushing over to my brother with concern.

"No, but it'll give us a head start. Come on," Damon groans out, clenching his jaw.

Jeremy, Damon, and I arrive at a motel far away from Kol Mikaelson. I glance out into the dark night sky and shivers run down my spine. I hear footsteps from behind and I swing around, my eyes locking onto Damon.

His shirt is unbutton, leaving his chiseled chest out in the open and a trail of dark hair leading down to what's below his pants. I gulp and the heat rises up in my cheeks.

"I hate you," I speak through gritted teeth, clenching my fists. 

"We've been over that already," Damon sighs out, a tiny grin still left on his face. I turn around, facing him and shake my head.

"I hate that I'm able to forgive you for all of your past actions. I shouldn't, but I do. I don't want to," I admit, lowering my head with shame. Damon's eyes slightly widen and he steps forward, his blue eyes glistening in the shitty motel lighting.

"I know that I can be selfish and narcissistic and self destructive, but underneath all that, deep down, I love you. I love you, Sam," Damon states and I stare in shock, my mouth gaped open.

"You love me?" I question, stepping forward. Damon's eyes soften and he reassuringly nods his head. My eyes search deep inside his, knowing that what he says is true and the color drains from my face.

My heart pounds against my chest, yearning for him. My stomach churns and my hands reach out to his shirt, my fingers wrapping around the edges of him. I pull his body towards mine and I press my mouth to his hot, opening lips.

His warm hands press into my cheeks and my knees become weak. Damon steps forward, pressing my back into the cold wall and his tongue probes along my lips, forcing its way into your mouth.

An involuntary moan escapes from my mouth, fueling both our hungers. The feeling of his hands vigorously clawing up my spine sends me into a haze of mixed emotions. My fingers slowly crawl up his stomach, his skin smooth and radiating heat.

"Wait," I manage to mumble out, prying my lips away from his. My eyes trail over his messy hair and his blue eyes full of lust still focused on my lips.

"I love you, too," I whisper, and he responds with an amused chuckle, leaning his head down and pressing his warm lips to my neck. A gasp escapes my lips and Damon's hands slip up into my shirt, roaming around my body.

Never have I slept with Damon Salvatore, of course I thought about it.

There is no time to be thinking about it anymore.