Predebut Lei moments<ygtb/slvr moments>

When Lei was new to the company she was a wild card. Since she was foreign YG didn't really know what to do with her, all he really knew was that she was talented. Although she was female she didn't quite fit in with all the female trainees. She auditioned for the show with a different concept and had a unique style. She was at first considered to be placed in a boy group but YG decided against it since he thought it might cause problems.

However, when she first came to the company she mainly trained with the male trainees.

"Hello boys meet our newest trainee Mae Leila." Leila slowly steps out from her hiding spot behind the teacher and introduces herself. "Annyeonghaseyo 12 year old Mae Leila-imnida, nice to meet you. Please take care of me." She says barely bringing her head up to look at the boys, "hey shes my age" she hears a boy with yellow socks say. Then another walks up and introduces himself "hi I'm Bang Yedam" he says with a  smile on his face. Then he pulls the boy with yellow socks from behind him, "he's your age you can talk to him". The boy finally speaks up "Hi I'm Kim Doyoung" then he goes back behind Yedam. "Hi I'm Park Jihooon!!" A boy with a loud voice steps out "its nice to meet you hope we can be friends!:D". "I'm Midam, ok the oldest out of us here so ill help you with these crazy boys best I can. There are others but they're doing other things so it's just us for now" a quiet guy steps up from behind the rest offering a small smile.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-//-_-

Soon after Lei got close with the boys and learned that she may debut with them later on so she was happy. They soon learned she was as loud and crazy as Jihoon. She still did get shy with some of the boys MANY times. She was in the same grade as Yedam due to her skipping a grade. Soon she met Sungyeon through Yedam and became good friends. This was a bit unusual though because most times Leila was too shy to talk to Yedam.

"Lei show us a dance, weren't you working on a solo" Jihoon says "Yeah but it's not that good" "yes it is do itttt" he keeps bugging

[Start at 1:06]
"WOOOOO!!!!" the boys cheered for her. "See I told you it would be good!" Jihoon says. "I'm meannnn it was good but I'm better" Doyoung says tryna boast. "I mean yeah but you don'talways gotta point it out " she replies. Then the boys continue to cheer for her as Jihoon puts her in a head lock and messes with her hair.
_______________________________________
"Hey do you want to come with us to meet some of our trainee friends in mixnine" they had asked her. Lei however knew no one else so since she didn't want to be alone she just followed Jihoon. She soon got there and met 4 boys. She learned their names were Byounggon, Hyunsuk, and Junkyu. The last boy she recognized as a friend from class, Sungyeon. Soon she got close with these boys too always admiring Junkyu's chubby cheeks and the hyunsuk and byounggon's raps. As she grew closer to Junkyu as a friend and a guy she thought was cute, she soon saw the other boys as older brothers and close friends.
--------------------------------------------------------

"What do you mean I'm debuting? What about the guys?" Leila has a look of concern on her face as she sits in front of a manager. "Aren't sunbaenim already debuted why am I joining them" she decided it would be best for her to just go talk to the boys.
She decided to stop and calm down but she looked very distressed. She slid down the wall to sit on the floor. Yedam was walking her way with a smile happy to see the girl until he sees the state she was in. "What's wrong" he says in a soft voice and Lei slowly looks up. He sits down next to her looking at her waiting. "I'm gonna debut""whats so bad, that's great! Congratulations!" He says with a big smile, "i... I don't want to leave you guys" she says with a sad look on her face, "you guys have been here longer than me, why am I going." He looks down then back at her. He scoots closer holding her in his arms putting her head on his shoulder. "But you worked hard. We're gonna support you throughout the way, and I know the boys they'll be proud of you, I am." He hugs her for a bit longer but then gets up holding his hands out to her. "Now come on... Let's go tell the boys the good news! Let's rub it in their faces" he says with a huge smile making the girl giggle as she grabs his hands to get up. Yedam pulls her into his side for a hug and they walk to the practice room. As they get through the door the boys look to them and Yedam yells "..gueSS WHOS FAVORITE GIRL IS DEBUTING!!!" the boys started screaming and cheering coming up to Leila hugging her. However one guy stayed in the back with only a small smile. Slowly he walked up and brought the girl into his arms,
" congratulations baby girl". She looks up at him, " I'm sorry oppa", the word she despised and hated to use, one she used only on him, Midam, the one who took care of her from the beginning. He just kissed her head and shook his, "don't be". "Wait... who are you debuting with if you trained with us." Jihoon posed a smart question. "Blackpink" she said quietly with a small smile on her face. The boys freaked out excited for the girl. "... why don't you look excited" Seunghun spoke up. " I'm gonna miss you guys" the boys got quiet then surrounded her in a group hug. They were her family, she was gonna miss them. This was one of the moments which made her fall even harder for Yedam, because even if she was too shy to talk to him, he was there for her every step of the way. This was also showing how strong her connection was with Midam and how close they were. It showed how much all the boys leaving affected and hurt her.
Their photos together as trainees