Together Part 3

Me, Rachel and Gar are in my room interrogating the two kids. 

"Why are you and your weird family trying to kill me?" Rachel asks.  

"You should come with us" The boy says. 

"Seriously. Be better for everyone" The girl says. 

"If not, we're all going to be in trouble. You don't want to be in trouble" The boy says. 

"No, you do not" The girl says. 

"If you don't start answering questions, you're going to be in trouble. Who sent you?" I say angrily. 

"They'll kill us, if we say" The boy says. 

"Ha, you just did" I say as I walk out of the room. 

"Look after them, I need to see Dick" I say to Gar and Rachel. They both nod. 

I walk out of the room and see Dick looking through a car. 

"Hey, what have you found?" I ask. 

Dick hands me a satnav. 

"Adamson. Who's Adamson?" I ask. 

"I don't know. But we are going to find out" He says and I nod. 

We hear footsteps behind us, we turn around and she Rachel. 

"SO, your Robin and Cat girl, huh? That's your big secret" Rachel says. 

"I was gonna tell you. Look, when we were in Detroit, we were planning on leaving them behind." Dick says. 

"No luck, huh? Why?" Rachel says. 

"When we put on those masks... we put them on, we become people... people we can't control. People who like hurting people." Dick says and I nod. 

"I know the feeling" Rachel says. 

"I know you do" I say. 

I look behind Rachel and see Gar approaching. 

"So, uh... Batman. You know him?" Gar chuckles. 

"Of course, they know Batman" Rachel says. 

"Are we gonna see him? I'd really like to meet Batman" Gar says chuckling. 

"No, your not" I say. 

"Any luck?" Kory asks as she approaches us. 

"We're gonna find out who's running this freak show." Dick says opening the car door. 

"Yeah, I'll come with you" Kory says. 

"They'll kill any cops who try to handle 'em. 

"Oh, I know what to do with them." Kory says. 

"Kory, no killing. Please. There's been enough." Dick says. 

"I thought we weren't splitting up" Rachel says. 

"We're coming back. I promise" I say. 

"Keep them safe" Dick says as he gets in the car and I walk over to the passenger seat. 

"Of course" Kory says. 

We get in the car and drive off, I look behind me and I wave at Gar and he waves back. I then turn around and smile to myself. 

We finally get to the building were Adamson is. Dick clicks on the directory table and sees were we need to go. We walk over to the elevator and then a old lady comes up behind us. 

"Butterscotch" She says. 

We turn around and put our hand out. 

"Thank you" We both say. 

"You're very welcome, dears" She says then walks off. 

Once the elevator opens we go in it. We finally arrive at the top and get out of the elevator. Once we get in the apartment, we a noise and we both look at each other before we head towards the noise. 

"Detective Grayson. Miss Grayson." The man says. 

"Are you Mr. Adamson?" Dick asks. 

"Dr. Adamson. Are you hungry? I've got something on the stove. You're not a vegetarian, are you? I do prefer an animal- based protein" Adamson says. 

"Who are you people, and what do you want with Rachel?" I say. 

"As much as I'd love to have a lengthy conversation with you about Rachel Roth, Miss Grayson, I'm afraid there's no time. You found me. I've been exposed. So the organisation is sending people to kill us. We have one minute, unless we leave right now. Or we could stay for one last glass of champagne." Adamson says. 

"No one knows we're here" Dick says. 

"I do. So does the old woman downstairs. They're everywhere." Adamson says. 

"Does the organisation work for Rachel's father? Is he still looking for her?" I ask. 

"You could say that. Yes. Oh, dear, my crepes are burning." Adamson says. 

Dick walks up to him and shoves him against the table. 

"If you don't give me some answers, I'm gonna stick your face in it." Dick says. 

"I'm sorry, detective. But we have ten seconds before the final answers come for both of us." Adamson says. 

"What do you want with Rachel?" Dick says. 

"I do love champagne" Adamson says.

"I want some answers" Dick says. 

"Five, four, three" Adamson says. 

"Okay, you're coming with me" Dick says. 

"Two, one" Adamson says. 

I hear the clicking of a gun and then gunshots, I quickly get down, but I am not fast enough because I feel a pain n my arm, I look down and see blood. 

Dick pulls me under the table. 

"You okay?" He asks. 

"Yeah, I am okay" I say back. 

"Just stay here" Dick says and he runs towards the men. 

After about a minute of fighting, Dick gets pushed to the floor and is getting kicked repeatedly. All of a sudden, I see gas bombs being thrown, then the assassins start getting attacked, I quickly run to Dick and pull him into a hug

Once all the men are down, the attacker comes over to us. 

"Wow, Dick and Sophie Grayson in the flesh. Nice to meet you guys. I'm the new Robin" he says. 

Me and Dick both look at each other.