Jason Todd part 3

Me and Dick walk towards the VIP section of the club to find clay. 

"Excuse me? How does someone get into the VIP lounge?" Dick asks. 

"Give me the password" Clay replies. 

"Haly's Circus" Dick says. 

"Dicky? Soph?" Clay replies. 

Clay then pulls us in for a hug. 

"Dicky! Soph! Lord! Can't believe it's you guys. Is this you guys?" Clay says happily. 

"Yeah, it's us" Dick says. 

"Can't breathe" I say. 

"What in God's name are you doing here?" Clay replies happily. 

"Can we talk?" Dick says. 

We are now sitting at a table explaining to Clay what has happened. 

"Murdered?" Clay says. 

"And I'm worried you're next on the list. Have you seen anything weird at home? Any people following you?" Dick says. 

"Not that I've noticed" Clay says. 

"Have you been in touch with anyone from the circus? Since it shit down?" I ask. 

"I spoke to Abigail a few years ago, after her husband died. I wanted to get in touch with Percy, but I could never find him. After the... We all went our separate ways" Clay says. 

"Yeah" Dick says sadly. 

"I think the last time I saw any of them were... at your parents' funeral. I should've kept in touch. Especially with you two" Clay says. 

"Hey, it goes both ways. I'm just glad you're okay. Okay, no excuses now. We stay in touch" Dick says. 

"Can't believe you're a cop" Clay says. 

"Detective, actually" Dick says. 

"All I know is I'm so proud of you, kiddo. Both of you" Clay says. 

"You know, I used to wonder all the time... what our lives  would be like if we'd of stayed with you. You know, gone to a normal school, had some normal friends" Dick says. 

"Normal"? You mean poor. 'Cause that's what it would've been. Poor. But look how you both turned out. Perfect. You look happy. Are you?" Clay says and me and Dick chuckle. 

All of a sudden we hear a fight going on at the bar and see Jason fighting with a man. 

"Let's not" Dick says as he stops the fight. 

"Back the fuck off. I got this" Jason says annoyed. 

"Jason" Dick shouts. 

But all of a sudden a explosion goes off and the glass shatters all over us. 

"Clay, call 911" Dick says running outside. 

We go outside and see a car on fire. 

"I think we got lucky" Jason says. 

Dick phone then goes off and see that Clay is calling him. 

"Clay, you okay? Who are you? It's not possible. Because your dead. Where's Clay?" Dick says on the phone. 

"Who was that?" Jason asks. 

"I killed his father" Dick says. 

"You did what?" I shout. 

"The guy who murdered your parents? That's a win either way you look at it. One less scumbag on the face of the planet. Man, that must have felt awesome" Jason says. 

"Yeah, that's the problem. Hey, you want my advice? Don't be Robin. All those years Bruce was helping me, he was turning me into a weapon. His weapon. And he may have you convinced that you can get everything you ever wanted, but you can't unlearn what he teaches you, and you can't control it. Believe me, the price is too high" Dick says to Jason. 

Dick then looks at his phone to see a picture of Clay and talks to the man has kidnapped him.

"We gotta go" Dick says. 

"Where?" Jason says. 

"We gotta take care of this" Dick says as we leave Jason. 

Me and Dick are walking around the abandoned building and we turn and corner and see Clay tied up. 

"That's close enough, Robin. Cat girl" The man says. 

"I'm the one you're looking for. Let Clay go" Dick says. 

"Dick? Sophie?" Clay says. 

"You're going to be okay, Clay" I say. 

"No, he isn't. He's going to die. So are you. You should thank me. Death is better" the man says. 

"What happened to you?" Dick questions. 

"You did. The feds told me what happened. Robin hijacked my father's transport and offered him up to the Maronis. After your little meltdown in the fed's office, it wasn't hard to link you to Robin" the man explains. 

"I didn't know the Maronis would be there" dick says. 

"No. You wanted to do the honours. Either way, it seems I have you to thank for what followed. It seems your little act of revenge had consequences. After my father was killed, the deal was off. No more federal protection. So, the Maronis came after my mother... and my sister.... and my fiancée. They all melted. They tried to melt me, too" the man says. 

"So, you thought you'd even the score by killing our family" I say. 

"Did that make you feel better? Did you fucking plan work?" Dick says. 

"Beyond my wildest dreams. When the acid strikes your skin, it doesn't burn. It's much worse. It's like insects eating away at your flesh... burrowing inside of you. I can still feel them crawling all over me" Nick says. 

"I didn't want this to happen to you, Nick" Dick explains. 

"I'm not Nick anymore. That's what the acid did for me. It changed me" Nick says. 

He pulls the lever a bit and some of the acid pours on to clay's shoulder and he screams in pain. 

"You revealed your true self on that bridge. Just like the acid peeled away the surface to reveal my true self underneath" Nick explains. 

"He's an innocent man. Let him go" I say. 

"No" Nick says. 

"They gave you an out, dumbass. You should've taken it" Jason says from behind Nick.