Jason Todd Part 1

We are in the car park, walking to the car. I was given a towel to try and stop the bleeding while Dick and 'the new robin' drag Adamson on the floor. 

"Man, dude. Looks dead" 'robin' says. 

"Trust me, there's a difference between dead and knocked out" Dick says. 

"This is awesome! Robin and Robin and Cat girl, in action." 'Robin' says. 

"Who the hell are you?" I say.

"Jason Todd" He says. 

"The new Robin. Robin 2.0, right? Hey, seriously, guys... it's an honour to meet you." Jason says and he puts his hands into a fist for a fist bump from me and Dick. 

Dick fists bump him and I do the same after. 

"Yep. I always wondered what this moment was gonna be like. Never thought that when it happened, I'd be saving your life." Jason says. 

"So, there's a new Robin, huh?" Dick says. 

"Yours truly. In the flesh" Jason says. 

"Does Batman know your here?" I ask. 

"Of course. Bruce knows how badly I've always wanted to meet you too. Pick your brain, catch a couple of pointers. He's all go for it, bro. Hey, let me grab my clothes. I'll be right back" Jason says as he runs off. 

"You think he's legit?" Dick says. 

"I have no idea" I say.

"Hey, how's your arm?" Dick asks. 

"Well it hurts a lot" I say. 

"Let me have a look" Dick says as I release the towel. 

Dick scrunches his face up. 

"What it's that bad" I say. 

"No, but the bullet needs to be removed soon" Dick says and I nod. 

We are in car. 

"Can't believe it. Here we are together, in the same car. This is so cool." Jason says. 

"Yeah. Real cool. So, how long you and Bruce been..." Dick says.

 "Together? Almost a year" Jason says. 

"A year? Wow. Okay. Didn't waste any time." Dick says. 

"So how did you and he" I say. 

"I was out boosting cars. Guess I choose the wrong one. Or the right one" Jason says. 

"You tried to steal the batmobile?" I ask. 

"No, Sophie. Just the hubcaps" Jason says.

"And just like that, he took you in?" Dick says. 

"Guess he saw potential. So, what do you think about the suit? Upgrades are pretty sick, right? The new tunic is made of zylon fibres six times stronger than Kelver. Seriously, you could hit me with a flamethrower, from ten miles away, and I'll be like 'that all you got?" Jason says. 

"Zylon fibres" Dick says. 

"Smart, right? Hey no offense guys, but you gotta admit, the old version was a little outdated" Jason says. 

"So, how'd you find me, anyway? The tracker" Jason says. 

"What tracker?" Me and Dick say. 

"In your arms" Jason says. 

"There's a fucking tracker in my arm?" Dick says.

"Yeah. in mine, too. Don't you remember him putting it in?" Jason says. 

"No" Dick says. 

"Maybe you forgot. So, where are we going?" Jason says.

"I gotta find a place to put that guy" Dick says.

"Can I make a suggestion?" Jason says. 

"Sure " Dick says and we then head to one of Bruce's many safehouses. 

"According to Bruce, the design of this place is inspired by Frank Lloyd" Jason says. 

"Wright" I say. 

"I know, right? Dude's really into, you know, lines and shit. Bruce has a bunch of places like this. He calls them safehouses, but they're more like condos. Never been to one" Jason says. 

"You'll like it" Dick says going over to the eye scanner but he gets denied. 

"I got this" Jason says as he walks over the eye scanner and is granted. 

"Guess he changed the locks" Jason says as the elevator opens. 

"Why are you doing this? Why do you even want to be Robin?" Dick questions. 

"Are you kidding? This is the dopest gig ever. Hanging out with Batman, kicking bad guys' asses, being famous, driving the godamn Batmobile" Jason says. 

"He lets you drive the Batmobile?" I question. 

"Wouldn't you rather have your own name? Like sparrow or Blue "J," for Jason" Dick says. 

Fuck, no. The whole point is being Robin. Batman needs Robin. Why do you think he makes us wear those lame colours? 'Cause we're drawing fire. "Look over here, assholes!" Then, boom, the Bat lands and starts trashing ass" Jason says and then the elevator door opens. 

"Here, I'll go back and get our friend" Dick says as he gives Jason his case. 

I then go over and sit on the table because I feel a bit light headed. 

"Who's this?" Jason says looking at a painting. 

"Niccolo Machiavelli" Dick replies. 

"Oh, Yeah. Bruce has talked about that dude. Sounds like a total savage" Jason says. 

"If an injury has to be done to a man, it should be so severe that his  vengeance need not to be feared. Severities should be dealt out all at once, so that their suddenness may give less offence. Benefits ought to be handed out drop by drop. So they may be relished the more." Dick explains. 

"You know, I used to read about you too as a kid. Bruce has told me tons of awesome stories about you both" Jason says. 

"I bet he has" I say. 

"I know it's none of my business, but he never said why you quit" Jason says, Dick then pulls Dr Adamson by his legs dragging him into the bathroom and I follow. 

"I guess I just couldn't cut it" Dick says. 

"I'm going to check out the brewsitu" Jason says. 

"The what?" I say confused. 

"The beer situation" Jason says walking away. 

Me and Dick walk into the bathroom and Dick drops Adamson into the shower and comes over to me, by the sink. He looks through the cupboard to find a knife and tweezers. 

"You ready?" Dick questions. 

"Yeah. Just do it" I say revealing my arm that has the bullet wound. 

Dick then goes into my arm and tries to find the bullet and then it starts to get painful and I squeal in pain. Then Dick rips the tweezer out of my arm, which reveals the bullet but I scream in pain as he does this. Dick then does the next thing, getting the tracker out of my arm he pulls the knife and cuts my arm, and then he gets the tweezers again and goes into my arm to find it and then he pulls the tracker out of my arm and I look at it to see it flashing. 

"That son of a bitch" I say. 

All of a sudden Dick's phone goes off and I see it's Kory so I leave him to it. 

"Where are you going?" He says. 

"To leave you and Kory alone. I'm not an idiot I know you slept with her" I say smiling as I leave the room.