Prom

It's been weeks since I met Brian. We have been getting closer and closer day by day, and every one of those days, I was falling even harder for him.
     Prom was in a few weeks and I had no date like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. But that was going to change. I was going to ask Brian, but it would be in a "friendly way." I was going to do it tomorrow before school.

Tomorrow

     I waited by the sign like always and there he was, in his button up shirt and jeans. I enjoyed the sight of him walking towards me.
     As he walked up to me I turned and we continued walking straight towards the school.
     'How was I gonna bring this up? Hey I'm single wanna be my date to prom? No, um hey we're friends right? Prom? No! Hmmmmm I have no idea and I was running out of time too.'
     "So Izzy, I was thinking since neither of us have prom dates we should just go together." He says looking down at me. I stare in disbelief of his words.
    'Or that works too. I didn't have to say anything and make it awkward.'
     "Yeah sure, I'd like that. So would it be like a date or like a friendly way?" I ask, gritting me teeth in regret for the stupid question.
     "Well, friends can go on dates, right?" He asks, sliding his fingers on mine. My cheeks flush with color at his touch.
     "Um, yeah I guess so." I say, letting out a small laugh. 'Wow. Of course friends can go on dates stupid Izzy.' Shit. I need a dress then. An actual prom dress. Thats gonna have to cost.
     We arrive at school and walk to our lockers. As I open mine, a bright pink letter falls out. Slightly confused, I pick it up and open it.
     Prom? -Andrew
     'Andrew? From 4th period? Oh shit. He's a baseball player isn't he. I can't go out with him I have a date already.' Turning around, I find leaning next to my locker.
     "So Izzy? Will you go to prom with me?" He asks, smirking. His pearly white teeth paired his baby blue eyes and blonde hair.
     Brian leans against his locker behind me looking at him with a death stare. 'Oh god.'
     "I appreciate the offer Andrew, but I'm going with Brian" I reply, intertwining my fingers with Brian's.
     "You would rather go with that wanker than a charming guy like me?" He asks pointing at Brian with a rather confused look. My smiles fades at his use of words.
     Brian is fuming at this moment. I look up at him and give his hand a squeeze. He looks down as I flash him a smile.
     "Well this wanker isn't an asshole, pretty charming I must say, and is my date. Deal with it." I say, leaning closer to Brian to make Andrew jealous.
     "Whatever." He mutters and walks away. I release all the tension in my shoulders before turning back to my opened locker.
    "That was unexpected." I comment and pick my books up for the first two periods.
     "You think charming?" He asks randomly. The blood rushes back to my cheeks, turning them a bright red with embarrassment.
     "Uh yes of course, friends call each other that all the time." I reply, trying my best not to stutter like a fool.
     "Well in that case then, you look magnificent in that top, Izzy." He says looking at me up and down. I crack into a smile before shaking my head jokingly.
      I give him a little punch in return before walking to class.

Lunch

     "So what color scheme are we going to do?" I ask him while crunching on my chips.
     "Well, I was thinking about gold or silver." He replies, stabbing his salad in thought.
     "Those are beautiful colors. Wait! My mom has a gold prom dress that she bought for my cousin but it didn't fit her. I bet you I can fit in it." I exclaim, my eyes bright with excitement.
     "Perfect, I'll have to find myself a gold tie." He replies, flashing a smile at my happiness.
     We talk about prom details the rest of lunch. We decided he would pick me up and we would eat at a fish and chips shop before leaving. He said that my hair would look nice up and some pieces hanging by my face. Of course, I agreed and added to wear a gold clip in the back. He said the gold would look great with my eyes. I smiled at his comment and told him to wear a white suit with a gold tie. We talked for awhile until we reached 7th period.
     As we entered the classroom, Lucy jumps into Brian's arms giving him a "hug."
     "Oh Brian, you look very handsome today. How would you like to go to prom with me?" She asks, batting her eyelashes at him. His faves scrunches up at her request before replying.
     "I'm going with Izzy, sorry." He responds, and grabs my hand to go sit down. She glares at me before marching off to her desk.
     Class went on as usual and when it ended, Brian and I walked home hand in hand. We parted ways and called each other that night. I loved talking to him.
     We finished talking around 11:00 pm and decided to go to bed. I was already excited to see him tomorrow.

     I woke up at 2 am, hearing a sound. I thought it was my mom and went back to sleep. Then, I heard footsteps at my door. I sit up and see Lucy in my room with a bat. Before I could scream I felt a pain in my head and went into a deep sleep.