Love Locks

"Brian smile!" I demand positioning the cameras lens towards him.
     He lets out a heavy sigh and smiles at me. I snap a picture of him next to the Arc De Triomphe. His smile was nice and bright as the flash goes off.
     His smiles disappears as he walks up to me, planting a sweet kiss on my lips.
     "We should ask someone to take a picture of us for our engagement pictures." He says, breaking the kiss.
     "Shouldn't we get that professionally done?" I question, looking up at him.
     He shrugs, "Its alright. We can just take a photo by the locks or something." He replies giving me another kiss upon my lips.
     "pourquoi s'embrassent-ils!" A small French girl points at us as her mother shields her eyes.
     "What is she saying?" I whisper, breaking the kiss.
     "She says 'why are they kissing?'" He chuckles. My smile widens as I begin to laugh as well.
     "Come on we still have to travel to the top of the Eiffel Tower and eat at the restaurant. It's almost 6 so we should get going." He says once he stops laughing and we begin to slowly walk around the streets.
     "Can we stop at the hotel first so I can put on something more...appropriate?" I ask motioning to my leggings, coat, and tall boots.
     He swats his hand in the air.
     "You look beautiful either way." I begin to slightly blush at his response. "Besides, we've got to stop by the locks real quick." He adds, grabbing my arm and pulling me to the way of the locks.
     "Woah, slow down!" I say as we rush through crowds of people, trying to say sorry for pushing them while passing by.
     We make our way to the gate of locks. There were so many. Each one had a date and two names. I hold some of them in my hand, but is stopped by the lock around the post.
     "Do you know what I was doing last night?" He asks as I continue to read the thousands of names on the rusted locks. I look up at him in confusion.
     "No, what?" I reply, standing straight and turning towards him.
     He pulls a lock from his pocket. It was a nice bronze with our names in graves into it, along with the date 01-07-1979.
     I carefully take the lock from his hand and run my fingers over the engravings. It was unlocked so that we could lock it to the fence.
     I turn back around and look for an empty spot for our lock. I find a small space towards the middle.
     I take it and wrap the metal bar around the fence. I grab Brian's hand and place it on the lock with me.
     "One...two...three." I count down as we both push up, locking the metal cube. We grab ahold of each other's hand as we just stare at the one of millions of locks around the fence.
     He grabs a small key from his pocket and tosses it into the river, forever locking the small symbol of our love.
     I take my camera out of my purse and snap a picture of our love lock. I look around for someone to take our picture and see a nice French lady leaning against the opposite side of the bridge from us.
     I point to the lady, making Brian glance at her.
     "Could you ask her if she can take a picture of us?" I ask holding up my camera.
     "Of course love." He replies and walks up to the woman.
     "pourriez-vous prendre notre  photo?" He asks the nice lady.
     "Oui." She replies as I hand her my camera.
     We stand by our lock and wrap our arms around each other. We lock our hands in the front making sure to show my ring. We smile into the men's as a flash goes off.
     I take my camera back and we both thank her.
     We head to the Eiffel Tower by taxi. We take the elevator to the massive restaurant towards the top.
     We give them our name and sit down at our designated spot. We try to look through our menus but the window view was just incredible. You could see all of Paris up here.
     Brian orders his usual salad as I order a bowl of soup and a plate of macaroons.
     "Brian...this is incredible. Thank you so much for bringing..." I was interrupted by his soft lips crashing into mine. He's leaning against the entire table to reach my lips. I grab his face and kiss him back.
     We pull away before too much happens and sit back down in our seats, my face red and hot.
     "You don't have to thank me. I just wanted to make you happy. I knew this was your dream and the only sight I wanted to see was your face when you see the Eiffel Tower at night and I got what I wanted." He replies in a soft tone, his lips spreading into his sweet smile.
     "One question. What would you have done if I said no to your proposal?" I ask smiling to tease him.
     "Well, I knew you weren't gonna. If anything, the worst you could have said was, 'I'm not ready for marriage' which still would have been ok." He replies, taking a sip of his wine.
     "I still can't believe you asked me. I feel like I'm dreaming almost. I've always wondered how my proposal would go when I was a little girl. But little did I know I would be marrying a rockstar from London." I wink. He blushes at me saying 'marrying.' I could tell he was still a bit nervous about it all but so was I. I would have to memorize vows and I need flower girls and ring barriers. God we had so much work to do and if we wanted it on our anniversary, we would only have 4 months to do it.
I got so caught up in my thoughts I hadn't realized our food had arrived. Suddenly a memory pops into my mind.
"Do you remember our first kiss?" I ponder, taking a sip of my soup.
Brian looks up from his salad and wipes his mouth with his napkin. He clears his throat then opens his mouth to speak.
"We got into an argument over you being an embarrassment, and you were trying to leave my house. I stopped you by saying you were the best thing that had ever happened to me. I leaned in and planted my first kiss upon your lips." He recalls biting his lip and smiling.
     He did remember. The memory flashed through my mind, making me smile. I was crying when he had kissed me then we kept on kissing and if I'm not wrong I became his girlfriend right then and there. Now look at me. I'm gonna be his wife.
     "I'm surprised you remembered that well." I respond before taking another spoonful of soup.
     "How could I forget the day that I kissed the love of my life." He responds, smirking.
     My cheeks start to feel hot as he continues to look at me with desire. I knew exactly what he was thinking and the thought already turned me on.
     The macaroons arrive at the table. There were so many different colors and flavors upon the plate. I grab a bright pink one (supposedly strawberry) and took a bite out of it.
     Holy shit. This was the best thing I've ever tasted. It was so strong but sweet at the same time.
     Brian grabbed a light tan one which was suppose to be coffee. He takes a bit and his eyes widen.
     "This is really good" He says in between chews.
     I nod my head in agreement.

At the hotel

     We didn't even have time to make love, we were so fucking tired. We fell on the bed and slept the way we landed.
     Tomorrow we are actually leaving early. We decided to head back to London to make plan for the wedding since it's gonna happen very soon.
     I couldn't wait, but for now, I need to sleep.