He's Back

Brian and I were curled up in one another on my bed. He was gently stroking my hair as a quiet record played in the background. We liked sitting in the silence. It gave us time to think and just be together.
I'm so happy right now, in the present, with the love of my life. He plants a small kiss on my head. I smile and move impossibly closer to him. Our heartbeats were in sync as we both continued to just sit in silence.
"Izzy! You got a visitor!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs. My thoughts interrupted, I got up and stretched from my curled position.
"I wonder who that could be?" I ask grabbing a jacket to put on, specifically, Brian's jacket. He's left almost all of his clothes here that I don't even bother putting them into the drawer. They just end up wherever.
Brian gets up from his previous position and fluffs his curls. I smile at his actions and slowly walk out of my room with him behind me. We stumble down the stairs from our legs falling asleep multiple times. We head towards the kitchen where I see a tall man standing by the door, chatting with my mother.
It was then that I knew exactly who that man was.
Peter...

What the bloody hell is he doing here?! I stop in my tracks and begin to tense up. I feel as if my scars begin to burn, flushing the horrible memories back into my mind. I grip my wrist and clench my jaw.
Brian sees me acting this way and immediately knows who it is. His eyebrows furrow and his whole body tenses up.
Peter's eyes turn to me, burning a whole through my soul. Those piercing eyes I'll never forget as he pivots his entire body towards me.
"Hello...Izzy." He calmly says. His voice hasn't changed at all. I see him look up at Brian, his lips forming a small frown.
I slowly back up running into Brian who held my waist for dear life. My heart was pounding out of my chest.
"Well Iz..don't just stand there. Say hello. He told me you two were friends sophomore year." My mom announces smiling at him.
If only she knew he was the one that brought me this pain. I kept my mouth shut, trying to avoid his eye contact.
"Hello....Peter.." I mumble under my breath. His lips spread into a wide smile. How could he smile after all the pain he's brought me? I didn't want to see him at all.
"And who's this lad?" He looks back at Brian who looks pissed as hell.
"Oh this is Izzy's boyfriend, Brian." My mom replies to his question.
He slides his hands in his pockets and smiles.
"Oh...lovely. I'm Peter. Pleasure to meet you." He gestures out his hand.
Brian being a gentlemen shakes it anyway, but not without noticing the tattoo on his wrist as his sleeve went up. I remember that tattoo. He got it for me one day when we skipped class.
Brian notices the heart with the cursive writing spelling my name. Brian pulls a disgusted face and releases his hand.
"Ah, anyway. I wanted to just talk to Izzy in private. Why don't go outside love?" How dare he call me love. I felt all feelings towards him except love. I hated the man with all I had.
I release Brian's hands from my waist and give him a reassuring smile. I peck his lips and slowly walk over to him.
He opens the door for me and stands outside beside me. The breeze blows on my hair as I wrap myself up in Brian's jacket.
"Oh are you cold love? Here have my.."
"Don't you touch me! Why the hell are you here Peter?!" I shout stepping away from his reach. He pulls a frown and furrows his eyebrow as if confused.
"I just wanted to see you. I've missed y.."
"Oh no you don't! You don't miss or love me! You aren't wanted here!" I reply, releasing my anger at him.
"And why would you assume that?" He ponders, crossing his arm.
"You know exactly what you did. You caused me great pain Peter! Physically and verbally. How can you even show up here and expect me to gesture you in a friendly manner?" I question.
He leaps towards me, grabbing my wrists. He pulls up the sleeves and winces.
"Oh Izzy, you've gone mad in the head love." He whispers in my ear.
I try to release but he has me tight. The whispers reminded me of what he used to do. My skin crawled at his touch.
"And I wonder how I came to be that way. Now let me go you bastard!" I try and pull away.
"Now now Izzy, lets not exaggerate." He looks down at my now slim waist. "Oh my, you've lost weight have you. You sure needed it."
My heart broke at his words as tears began to build up in my eyes. He's not gonna hurt me again. I wasn't wearing my boots so I did the next best thing. I raised my leg and kicked him...hard in his manhood.
He lets out a cry in pain as he releases my wrists. I run inside and lock the door. Tears were streaming down my eyes. How could he? I kick my shoes off and race to my room, Brian chasing after me.
I fall on my bed and cry all my emotions. The anger, guilt, sadness, pain, even my once happy mood was pouring out of my brown eyes.
Brian runs into the room, hugging me tightly from behind.
"Izzy, what did he do? Oh please tell me darling." He mutters in my ear. Thoughts of razors showed up in my mind. No! I promised! I can't do it again! No! Stop!
My head was spinning in circles. My world was falling apart until I saw only darkness. I crouch down on my knees and cry into my hands. I could feel Brian hugging and kissing me, that's when the broken surrounding built back up. I snapped back into reality and rose my head from my wet hands.
I turn to see Brian crying on my shoulder. I pivot around to face him. I pulled him into a tight hug.
"It doesn't matter what he said. He's gone and he won't be returning." I whisper in his ear. He lets out a sigh of relief as the tears stop pouring down his sweet face. I release my grasp and pull his lips onto mine.
"Whatever he said Izzy, it's not true and I love you so much." He whispers breaking the kiss.
"I love you so much more Brian. Your the only reason I'm here, alive, next to you right now." I whisper.
He pulls me into another kiss. Our lips split and he cradled me in his arms. We sit in silence once more.