We will rock you

"We could make the color scheme blue and white if you want." Mary offers as I lean back in my chair in exhaustion.
     "But I prefer the gold. It's been our color for so long. God damn it we wore it to prom for God's sake." I say in frustration. I let out a long sigh. "I'm sorry Mary. It's just, this is so stressful." I apologize and get up to grab a cup of tea.
     "I understand. It took me months to plan my wedding." She recalls, setting her notebook and pen aside.
     "But the thing is, I've only got a few weeks. I don't even know who to invite." I confess as I prepare to hear the kettle.
     Just then, Brian walks in with a sheet of paper with notes written all over it. He heads towards the bedroom without saying anything. I hear him rummaging though stuff from within the chamber.
     "Brian darling. What on gods green one, are you looking for?" I ask peeking in to the room to find have his body sticking out from underneath the bed.
     "Where's my aux chord for my red special?" His voice muffles from under the mattress.
     "Good god Brian." I laugh as he continues to squirm under the bed. "It's on the coffee table is where I saw it last." I reply.
     He sticks his head out, crawling out from under the bed. He perks his head up like a prairie dog and hurries to the living room.
     I lean against the doorframe as he snatches the chord from its spot. He approaches me with a wide smile.
     "Thanks love. What would I do without you?" He says giving me a kiss on my lips.
     I wrap my hands around his neck as I break the kiss.
     "You'd be an astronomer working for nasa. Probably collecting some interesting rocks from mars if I had to guess." I tease giving him a playful peck on the lips.
     "Why you so technical all the time?" He teases back, tangling his hands in my curls. I raise my eyebrows at the compliment and pull him in for another sweet kiss.
     I pull away and release from his grasp. "Go on Mr. May. You've got rehearsal to get to." I say walking to my whistling kettle.
     His eyes grow big at the thought. "Right, I almost forgot. Goodbye my love!" He calls from the front door before closing it behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Mary? Where do you suppose Freddie is?" I whisper to her as we all sit in the recording studio waiting for that diva queen to pop into the door at any second.
     She shrugs and looks down at her watch. Her face fills with worry as she lets out a long sigh. 
     My poor fiancé is sitting on the drum risers looking more stressed than ever. He looks at the door and shakes his head.
     "Screw him." I hear him whisper as he stands up, catching all of our attention.
     "Everybody up on the drum risers. Up on the drum risers." He demands, motioning all of us to the large box in the middle of the room in which the drums stood on.
     I get up with excitement. I hated sitting for too long. I look back at Mary and Veronica who continued to slouch in their previous positions.
     "Come on." I encourage walking towards Brian on the drum risers.
     "Thank you Izzy. Showing a bit of enthusiasm." He says placing a kiss on my mouth.
     I take a big step onto the riser and motion everyone else to join me.
     They all let out a long groan and sit up. Veronica and Mary lead as they both hop onto the riser.
     John raises his hands in his playing position. "Bass?" He questions slowly heading to the large box as well.
     "Nope you won't need it. Get up." He replies, softly kicking John on the ass, encouraging him to move a bit faster. "Come on Rog. Take your time." He says sarcastically as roger bewilderedly heads for his drum riser.
     "Alright. Alright. What's this about?" He questions taking a stance between John and I.
     "Remember our last concert. The crowd was singing our songs back to us. It was definite but it was wonderful so I want to encourage so uh let's start with this. Stamp to this beat." He lectures as he begins to stomp his feet on Beats 1 and 2, leaving beat 3 at a rest.
     We all look at him puzzlingly. John raises his eyebrows in curiosity.
     "Genius." He comments at Brian's performance.
     "Thank you John." He waves his arms for us to join. "Come on."
     We shake our heads and do as he says. Our stomps all combine in unison as Brian listens to his creation.
     "Now I want you to clap on the third beat." He demands as we all clap in place of the rest.
Stomp
Stomp
Clap
Stomp
Stomp
Clap
     Our "music" echoed through the room as we continued on. Freddie appears in form the door with his coat in one hand and cigarette in the other.
     "Rog.. keep that time." He commands walking over to Freddie.
     "I'm sorry I'm late. I got caught in traffic downtown." He explains, taking another drag of his light.
     Our claps and stomps slowly fade as Freddie looks at us in confusion then turns to Brian for a explanation.
     "Why aren't you guys playing any instruments?" He ponders looking at the line of us without any instruments.
     "I want to give the audience, a song that they can perform. Let them be part of the show so what can they do." He explains before doing the rhythm again.
     We all join in until the room was once again filled with stomps and claps. Freddie nods his head to the beat and joins in.
     "So what do you think?" Brian asks, crossing his arms and propping himself on one hip.
     "What's the lyric?" He questions back making them both smile. This was gonna be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     We spent the entire day working on a song that would be called "We Will Rock You." It sounded amazing when we added the guitar solo and lyrics.
     Brian drove me home. Through the entire ride, his face was bright and filled with joy at his masterpiece.
     When we returned to the flat, I immediately took a shower and went to the balcony for a smoke. The stress form wedding plans was still stuck in my mind.
     I look up at the night sky as I blow a lung full of smoke out. I tapped to the beat of the song which was still stuck in my head as I take another drag from my light.
     "You going to bed love?" I hear Brian ask from inside the house. I let out a sigh and nod my head in return. I knew he was behind me so I didn't have to necessarily answer using words.
     Mary and I had agreed to go dress shopping tomorrow. I had told Brian about it and he seemed really thrilled to witness it. I was not in the mood for trying on dresses for 3 hours.
     I flick the dud off the balcony onto the London streets. I head back inside making sure to close the sliding door behind me. I pass Brian on my way to the bedroom.
     I plop down on my side and let out a long heavy sigh in frustration. I bury my face in my palms as I lean forward hitting the back of my hands against the mattress.
     I hear Brian enter the room. I don't move from my fetal position as I feel his side of the bed sink from his presence.
     "I wrote you a song." He whispers. My heart slowly fades to its normal rate as I slowly lift my head so our eyes met.
     I turn my body so it faced him as he holds his guitar across his lap. He places his hands along the guitars neck and bass, then he starts to strum a tune.
This thing called love
I just, can't handle it
This thing called love
I must get round to it
I ain't ready
Crazy little thing called love
*i'm aware that Freddie wrote this and not Brian but for the sake of this fanfic just pretend Brian wrote it.
     He continued to play the tune while strumming away on his beautiful red special. I was in awe at the song. It was incredible. Not to hard of rock but not too soft. It was perfect.
     He ended the song while the last chord began to fade away. My mouth was slightly dropped and my heart began to beat faster again.
     He silences the strings and sets his red special on the nearby guitar stand.
     "You..you actually wrote that?" I question as his gaze reaches mine.
     "Yeah. Do you like..." I interrupt him and crash my lips onto his. He wraps his arm around my waist pulling me closer.
     "Brian Harold May... I love it, just like I love you." I whisper breaking the kiss. His faces turns its usual red and his lips spread into a wide smile. "Your the best thing that's ever happened to me."
     He lets out a small laugh as his cheeks get even more red.
     "Isabelle Marie Curry, I love you more than you can ever know and I overjoyed that you will be my future wife." He says planting a small kiss on my nose.
     "Just wait for our first child." I add, leaving a wink afterward.
     "Boy or girl?" He ponders, caressing my cheeks with his warm hand.
     "Boy. I want him to be kind and smart like his father."
     "Or girl. So she can be beautiful and caring like her mother."
     "I could care less about the gender. As long as it belongs to you."
     He lets out a small laugh and looks down at his lap. Tears were building up in his eyes. I place my hand under his chin, lifting his face to mine.
     "Why are you crying?" I whisper, as a tear falls down his face and onto my hand.
     "I'm so damn lucky to have you, Izzy." He whispers back.
     "Oh Brian, if only you knew how I felt about you." I press my lips against his as tears fell from both of our eyes.