Sick Spider

I thought I'd do an old fashioned one for you people, just because. 

I don't know, I'm bored.

ON WITH THE ONE-SHOT!

————

Peter Stark POV

   I felt something was off the moment I woke up on Monday.

   My head was aching, my spidysense was going crazy, and my stomach was churning. And when I tried to stand, I nearly fell with a yelp.

   'This is going to be a great day.' I thought sarcastically to myself.

   I walked to the bathroom, nearly falling more than once, and noticed I was shaking. 

  'What the hell?' I thought as I walked into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and did a double take at how I looked. My eyes were sunken, and I was so pale that Snow White would be jealous. The only color on my face was the fierce red over my cheeks and nose. I resembled a zombie Snow White. 

   Shit.

   I stared at myself for a moment in disbelief. 'I have to hide this from dad. I can't miss school! Ned will be alone with just Flash! And Flash is never good on a Monday.' I thought quickly.

   I took some concealer, putting it over the dark bags under my eyes and all over; my vision blurring more than once. I put some on my nose and cheeks as well so Dad wouldn't see. I looked at myself and saw I resembled a normal human. Good enough.

   I took off my pjs, putting on a blue plaid shirt over a white tea-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. I messed with my hair a bit, trying to tame the wild tangles in it, without much success. Oh well. I better get breakfast.

   I strolled out with a sense of relief, dispite my pain. 

  That wouldn't last long though.

Tony Stark POV

   I was sitting at the table, sipping pure black coffee, when Peter walked in. 

   I could immediately tell something was wrong as he was trying to hide his shaking and poorly put on concealer mapped his face. He didn't notice me yet. He was murmuring to himself, "... I just have to grab food and leave. Dad won't notice. It'll be fine..." he opened the fridge, got an apple and began to leave.

   "Ahem." I said clearly, watching him.

   He froze, clearly realizing he was caught. He turned slowly, saying nervously, "H-how long have you been there...?" I narrowed my eyes. "The whole time. Now, care to explain what you're hiding behind all that concealer?" I said sternly, though I already knew. His eyes darted around as he said, "N-nothing! It's nothing, dad..." 

   "Yeah, I'm going to pretend you didn't say that I said standing up and tapping my foot. "No, really! I'm f-fine..." He said unconvincingly.

   I set my coffee down and walked over. He backed away a bit but I grabbed his shoulder before he could, and tilted his chin up so he could look at me. "Tell me what's wrong now before I find out, Bambi." I said using his nickname to show I wasn't mad but concerned.

   He bit his lip hesitantly before saying, "I f-feel a little sick..." I said, "You're staying home today." He opened his mouth to argue, "But dad-" but I cut him off.

   "No buts. You're clearly sick dispite your attempt to hide it from me, which I don't know why you would do, and I won't let you work yourself to death because of it. Friday, check his temperature please." Friday replied, "His temperature is currently 101 degrees sir, and he seems to have a mild stomach ache." I murmured, "shit" under my breath. I then steered him towards the living room, dispite his feeble protests. I said, "Friday, alert me if Peter tries to leave. Peter, stay here." I took the apple from him and went back to the fridge, putting it in and taking chicken noodle soup out and pouring it in a bowel. 'This should do the trick.' I thought as I warmed it up.

   I grabbed the medication from the cabinet, and a glass of water. By the time I finished, the soup was ready. I grabbed a spoon and gathered everything, and went back to Peter, who was pouting on the couch. I pulled him towards me and said, "I have some stuff here. Drink up." I gave him the pills and glass of water, which he happily took, drain the glass after swallowing the pills. He then rested on my chest, just above the arc reactor, and sighed. "Bambi, you need to eat." I said, picking up the soup on the coffee table. He took a look at it and said, "'m not that hungry..." 

   I frowned out of exasperation. "You don't want to gat more sick, do you?" But he just nuzzled closer. I set the bowl down with a sigh, and put a protective arm around him, messing with his hair unconsciously. "Why did you try and hide this from me, Bambi?" I asked in worry.

   "... didn't wanna miss school." He said quietly against my chest. I wasn't entirely convinced, but I'd ask him again later. He then broke into a coughing fit, his eyes watering a bit. I pat his back, whispering, "shh... it's alright.. shh..." 

   After a while of coughing, Peter finally caught his breath, wheezing against me. He then leaned closer to me, shivering. I stroked his head, and put on 'The Empire Strikes Back' for him. 

   Halfway through the movie, Peter fell asleep, snoring softly against me. I chuckled a bit at his adorableness, and shut off the movie; picking him up, bringing him to his room. He shifted a bit before settling into my grip.

   I set him on his bed and put him under the covers, smoothing out the wrinkles in the blankets, and planting a less on his forehead. I smiled walking out.

   God, I love my kid.

————

1015 words

Here ya go people, take that fluff and have a nice day/night.

God I'm tired. But in the wise words of Jacksepticeye, "SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!"

Hope you enjoyed!

-SiederTree Studios-