Turning into Me

Here's a request from Barbemeli!

Maybe Peter overworking and the Avengers trying ro make him stop, so their spiderbaby doesn't hurt himself ... If you cant do it, it doesn't matter :)

Here ya go!

————

3rd Person

   "Peter, you need a break." Natasha commented as she watched the young teen slave over his homework. Papers were thrown carelessly across the room, Peters Spider-Man suit lied on the bed, and his backpack thrown I'm the corner, stuffed with more papers. 

   Peter looked like he came out of the Walking Dead, his hair a mess, his pencil furiously scraping the paper, the bags under his eyes rivaling Tony's. But he had a look of pure firey determination in his eyes, dispite being sleep deprived and having a growing cold and a headache.

   "I'm fine Aunt Nat. And besides, I have homework to do and it's finals week. I'll take a break later, okay?" Peter said distractingly, looking over problem after problem. Natasha sighed. 'He's just like Stark...' she thought. 

   "Peter, if you keep overworking yourself you're going to crash. You've already got a cold, and you have gotten 4 hours of sleep over the past week. I suggest you listen to Mrs. Romanoff" Friday stated. 

   "4 hours?! Peter!" Natasha said accusingly, looking at the distracted teen.

   Peter groaned. "Thanks Friday, Natasha, but I'm fine. I promise." 

   Natasha frowned. 'Alright, guess we'll all take turns. If it gets really bad, I'll get Stark.' She thought as she exited the room, already telling Steve to go deal with Peter.

   Steve entered next with a frown, saying, "Son, you need to stop over working yourself. Have you even eaten or slept?"

   Peter said, "I ate and slept, okay Uncle Steve? It's fine."

   Steve looked up to the ceiling saying, "Friday, what has Peter eaten?"

   "In the course of today, Peter has eaten a granola bar and a banana, which is unhealthy for him considering he skipped dinner last night." Friday stated.

   Peter said, "Uncle Steve, it's finals week okay? I've got stuff to do." Steve rubbed his temples, looking disappointed, but said, "I'm going to make you food. And you need to take a break. We all hate seeing you like this, you know that right? So please, listen to us." Steve exited, muttering to the others he couldn't do much.

 ~~Time Skip~~

  Over the next two hours, the team all tried to get Peter to take a break. He had only gotten worse though, he barely touched his food and had almost run out of tissues. Most of the firey determination Natasha had seen in his eyes had depleted, as sleepless nights began to catch up with him.

   And they all knew it was time to get Tony.

   Bruce entered the lab, watching as Tony looked virtually the same as Peter at the moment. Bruce sighed, leaned on the door frame, and said, "You know, I can't belive how similar you and Peter are sometimes."

   Tony flinched, not hearing Bruce come in and turned, slowly saying, "What do you mean by that?"

   "Well, for one, he's overworking himself too at the moment. We've all tried to get him out of his room, but he won't listen to us. So go set a good example and get him to take a break please."

   Tony immediately went up the stairs after hearing this, walking straight to Peters room and opening it slowly. Upon seeing Peters state, he walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey Pete. You look like shit." (A "language!" from Steve could be heard from the hall but Tony ignored it.)

   Peter flinched a bit and then said, "That's rich coming from you."

   Tony ignored him and while Peter was caught off guard, he took the pencil in Peters hand.

   "Hey! That's my only good one, give it back!" Peter protested, but Tony just said, "Nope, you're taking a break, kiddo."

   Peter huffed in annoyance, but reluctantly stopped his attempts at trying to get his pencil back. "Dad, it's finals week. I need to get this done."

   "Yeah, but you don't need to compromise your health for it. You will finish it, but trying to do it all at once will cause you to stress out and do worse. It's gonna be okay, Bambi. I promise." Tony said as he swung his arm over the kids shoulder, squeezing him a bit. Peter sighed, knowing there was no point in arguing.

   When they both walked out, the team cheered. "Finally! We got them both out!" Clint said.

   Natasha smirked and said, "Friday, lock the lab and Peters room. Tonight is movie night."

~~Time Skip~~

   Eventually, everyone had gone to thier rooms and to bed for the night, except Peter and Tony, as they were both on the couch. 

   Peter was lying on Tony's chest, sound asleep. Tony sighed, playing with his hair, untangling knots as he went. Peter only fell deeper into sleep, subconsciously leaning into the touch.

   Tony sighed, thinking, 'God, this kid is turning into me by the second.'

———

847 words 

Well? What do you think? Hope you liked it!

-🍎SiederTreeStudios🍎-