Chapter 1 - The Chapter Where I Mostly Complain About My Back

A/N
IMPORTANT
Ok, the first few chapters really, really suck. You can skip them if you want, but you might miss some key info. You can skim them if you wish. The story gets TONS better after the first few chapters, as I'm not great at starting books. Please don't let the first few chapters discourage you from reading on. The plot is actually really exciting and I can't wait for you to meet my precious demon baby.

Edited 8.28.19

At lunch is when my back started hurting.

"I need to fix my brace guys," I said, shifting my weight. The the two boys next to me stopped their conversation. I pushed my chair back, ready to leave.

"You're such a wimp," The boy to my right said. He toyed with his food and glared at me. I knew that look. They were getting bored of talking with the disabled kid.

Regardless of the comment I stood from my seat.

"Oh don't be so hard on him Parker," Dylan poked the blonde in the ribs. "I heard that you threw up in the nurses office last week after you cut your hand. I mean dude, it's just blood."

"Oh shut it." Parker snapped. His faced had paled a bit and I knew Dylan had touched a nerve.

I removed myself from the table before the boys dragged me into an argument.

Towards the exit of the cafeteria a sharp pain shot through my back again, I hissed through my teeth.

Just a few more hours until schools over for the year. You can make it.

"Are you okay?" Ms. Brady asked, stopping by my side. The plump LA teacher looked me over.

"Yeah, I'll be fine, just some back pain as usual" I reply, trying to move around her.

"Do you need to see the nurse?" She asked.

"Nah, I'm-" I bit my lip as another wave of pain flashed through my back. "I'm fine,"

"Fig, what's wrong?" She said, her voice raising a note.

"Im fine. Just need to adjust my brace" I said through my teeth, I ducked around her, and sprinted towards the boys bathroom.

I never actually made it there though.