Chapter 6 - how does screwing animals work?

There was one other kid at the bus stop when we got there who had a trunk like mine. Other than that, the place seemed pretty empty.

"Where is everyone?" I asked my mom. "Shouldn't there be, like, tons of regular people wandering around here as well?"

"Anti-muggle charms, keeps them away so no one will bother you guys while you wait."

"Ah," I said, pretending to understand.

I walked closer to the kid and their mom, trying to muster up the courage to say hi. The kid had a hood on, and was looking down. The mom, on the other hand, sat on the bench reading a paper, and only looked up when I got about three feet away from them.

"Hi?" I said, waving my hand at the hooded kid. They glanced up at me.

"I see your here for the Misfits, huh." The kid was a girl. She had shorter auburn hair with stunning green eyes covered slightly with side bangs.

"Is it that obvious?" I laughed, looking up at my wings.

"Just a bit," she said, a small smile beginning to form on her lips.

"So what's your-"

"What's my freak side?" She cut me off, already knowing what I was going to ask "I'm half fox. It's called a Kitsune in Japanese folklore, and it's kinda the same idea, but different. European people just liked the name I guess? They gave it to fox hybrids like me. What are you? Half hawk or something?"

"No idea." I frowned.

"To be expected"

"How does all this work, like... Screwing animals?" I ask rather hesitantly, knowing my mom's look of disapproval was digging into my back. She didn't like me talking about... That.

"It's not 'animals' per se. Most of our other sides were some sort of magic humanoid figure already, so your mom didn't literally screw a bird, as that's kind of impossible. My dad was also a fox hybrid, so that's where I got this from," she said, taking off her hood. She didn't have regular ears, which was odd, as it looked wrong without them, but slightly higher brownish-red fox ears tipped with black. She smiled with her teeth, and I could see dog-like canines.

"That's really cool," I say. "I never caught your name, though."

"Basil, Basil Scott. And yours?"

"Uh," I say, trying not to sound so embarrassed. "My name's Fig. Fig Faulker."

"Cute." She smiled.

HOLY FRICK IS THIS FLIRTING WHAT THE HECK, SOMEONE HELP THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR MY 13 YEAR OLD BRAIN TO HANDLE.

"Uh, thanks," I say, a slight bit of heat on my cheeks.

"Oh look! The bus, finally," she sighed.

As soon as the bus pulled up, our parents did the windo spell thing and helped us get our trunks on the bus. About fifteen other kids were already seated, all ranging from 13 to what seemed like 17 or 18 year olds. Each and every one fit perfectly into the "Misfit" category.

The vehicle itself seemed much larger on the inside than out. It's walls were lined with windows, and restaurant like benches faced each other but with no table in between. Above the benches were small compartments for any loose belongings.

As we entered, two men popped out from one of the seats and quickly grabbed our trunks, letting me hold onto Dema and her cage. The men walked briskly to he back of the bus and though a door which I assumed lead into some storage room with everybody else's belongings.

I looked around the bus' cabin. Only three seats were completely empty, and I knew I would have to socialize sooner or later, so naturally I followed Basil.

She picked an empty seat and sat down, me across from her. The bus lurched forward with surprising speed, Dema squawking angrily.

"I hope you don't mind if I sit here," I said, regaining my balance from the sudden increase in speed.

"Nah, it's fine, your pretty chill anyways."

"Thanks." I smiled, the awkward silence settling in. Kids around us talked and laughed, but Basil just stared out the window, making no move to start a conversation, so I did what any other 13 year old would do. I took Dema out of her cage and let her rest on the seat.

She flapped her wings slightly, happy to be out of the wire contraption.

"What's her name?" Basil's voice broke the awkwardness.

"Uh, Dema."

"She's very pretty."

"Yeah, I think so too," I agreed, stroking her feathers.

Twas a filler chapter, quite boring if I do say so myself! But, do y'alls have any ideers about what house Figs gonna be sorted in? Comment ur vote

Ptyrolykus *winged wolf* (loyal, kind, self sacrificial stuffs)

Guardian *Phoenix* (adventurous, outgoing, faithful, and brave)

Unicorn (harmonious, fair, intelligent and creative)

The fox (determined, ambitious, selfless, and competitive)

Also, Figs gonna meet another fren soon, comment what u think their names gonna be (Tis a boy) his name starts with an A. ( I will check out one of y'alls stories if u guess correctly, but only if ur the first to guess it) NO CHEATING YALL DIRTY LIARS, I SEE YOU.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Ani