Chapter 10 - ah yes, demonic sterotypes

Allen's POV

September 5, 2018
Today I hung out with Fig again, he's really sweet. Very quiet too. I wonder if I annoy him, he doesn't really seems to mind me tho. Confession: I really like Fig. I've managed not to make a fool of myself in front of him, but his small smile that he gives me when I talk makes it really hard to not explode. It's almost midnight right now, Fig and a few of the other boys in our dorm stayed up talking until an hour ago, they all crashed pretty hard after they agreed to get some sleep. Ok back to Fig tho. I really hope he's gay or bi or something because holy crap I like him. I know it's been like two days since we've met, but like, is this love at first sight? I'm just attracted to him if that makes sense, like, his whole demeanor and personality. I hope I'm not the only person whose gone through something like this. Anyway, I need some rest. I'll write more tomorrow.
-Allen

***

At breakfast I had multiple people give me awkward stares as I passed them. I managed to ignore it until one kid came up to me and said some rather rude comments. I'm surprised I didn't punch him. My self control lately has been pretty awesome.

"We don't need your kind here" The boy spat at me.

"Pardon?" I asked, placing hand on my heart, over exaggerating my gasp. It took everything I had to keep from laughing.

"You know what I'm talking about. Multiple people heard you confess yesterday in the hallways, how you're half demon. I bet your just waiting to rip our throats out. Your kind are beasts, monsters. I don't understand how the headmaster could let any threat like you into this school."

I felt a cold flash spread through my body. I could end this kids life so fast.

No.

I mustered up the biggest smile I could, and replied.

"Such warm welcomes! I'd have assumed you'd have come with holy water and a cross. Pitchforks and knives! Man, you guys are awesome. Remind me to pick up some cake for your sorry excuse for an attempt to scare me. I don't think you realize how-" I was interrupted by Fig nudging me trying to get me to sit back down. "Sorry, that was rude of me. I hope you have a nice day" I grinned, winking at him.

He didn't stop there though.

"You disgust me" he said turning to Fig " how could you willingly stand by this thing."

Fig opened his mouth to say something but quickly closed it. He stepped back a bit, almost as if to hide behind me.

"Go ahead you coward, say something back. I'm waiting. Are you mute or did this monster threaten you?" He turned back to face me " your kind is known for manipulation, for murdering and possessing people. You shouldn't be allowed here. I'm not here to pick a fight, I'm here to warn you. I won't have everyone here be punished because you won't leave. I'll be sure to bring this up with the head master." He said, walking away before I could say anything else.

I let out a low growl and clenched my fists. Closing my eyes, I exhaled slowly and turned to face Fig. " you good?" I asked

"I'm ok, not very hungry anymore though."

"Agreed, lets leave before I hurt people"

He gave a small laugh, unsure whether or not I was joking.

We made our way to class early, hoping to get there before any of the other students. Halfway to class though, Fig pulled me off to the side.

"Are you okay?" I asked, seeing that his eyes were brimmed with tears that threatened to spill.

He nodded, not trusting his voice. He took a few shaky breathes, leaning his head against the wall.

"You sure you're ok?" I asked again

"Yeah, just over sensitive" he said wiping his eyes.

" I'll get that guy back later for you" I reassured him

"please don't" he smiled "I don't want him to go home with a broken body"