Chapter 5 - sorry about the floors mom

"You sure you've got everything?" My mom called from downstairs.

"Yes, mom, I've double checked!" I yelled down. My mom had seemed very excited ever since I got the letter. I could understand why though. I'd be out of the house all year. More time for her to have "friends" over.

I looked once more over my room; I had neatly stacked everything I wanted into a trunk that we'd bought down in the alley place. Why couldn't I just use a regular suitcase? Either way, it didn't matter, today I'd be out of here.

Walking over to my bird cage, I gently stroked my owl's beak. I hadn't yet decided on what to name her, everything I'd come up with didn't seemed to fit.

"Fig! Ten minutes until we leave! I want all your stuff in the car by then as well!" My mom yelled up to me. I quickly looked over my stuff to make sure it was all there, then wandered over to my mirror. My mom had wanted me wear a nice flannel shirt, because "first impressions are important!" She couldn't bare to have a hole cut in the back for my wings, so she chose out a shirt that she liked, but was ok with cutting.

As soon as I had gotten my trunk half way out of my room, my mom almost had a fit. She scolded me for dragging it across the wood floors, and whipped out her old wand, and said something like "wingardium leviosa" and marched out to the car, still cross about the floors.

I sat in the back seat with my bird in my lap. She had seemed pretty chill, so I let her out of the cage, as she looked kinda grumpy in there.

"What should I name her?" I asked, looking up at my mom.

"Huh?"

"My owl."

"Oh." She thought a moment. "How about Dema?" *TOP fans out there?*

"Yeah, I like that." I smiled. Dema (pronounced Deem-Uh) "I really like that."

We arrived at a bus stop an hour later. We would have done the teleport thing, but my mom didn't like the idea of doing that with a bird and a trunk full of school stuff, so we drove the extra hour.

After I had sent my application in, we got another letter containing a bus ticket and instructions on where to go. Supposedly, there were bus stops all over the world that we were able to go to, and we were lucky enough to be pretty darn close to one. A lot of others would have to do the teleport thing. All the buses would end up meeting near some forest in Canada, where we'd cross through the school boarder and up to the school itself.

How long was this supposed to take exactly? I mean, to drive there it's gotta be over a day or two from here. There's no way that people all the way in Asia or South America or really anyplace could get there by four pm tonight. It's impossible.

Oh, boy, was I wrong.

So, chapters are kinda short, I know, but so far I've updated everyday. So, they may be short, but at least I'm quick right? Anywho, how do you guys like the story so far? Fig's about to meet some new friends, any guesses on names? If you guess it (DO NOT GO TO THE NEXT CHAPTER AND CHEAT YOU LITTLE CHEATERS. YES, I'M LOOKING AT YOU) As I was saying, if u guess it I'll check out a story of ur choice. But only if ur the first to get it. Have fun!

Hint: it's a girl, and her name starts with a - actually, imma keep that a secret. MHWAHAHAHA, have fun my peeps

-Ani