Chapter 15 - Thoughts, Tests, and Terrible Teachers

Allen's POV

All tired eyes were on us as we walked into the astronomy tower. Fig ducked his head down as he sat at an empty table.

I made my way next to him, but of course, the teacher seemed to sense me before I could get to his side. He looked back from the chalk board he was using to map out different constellations, and pointed to me.

"Why is it that every time I turn around, your doing something you  shouldn't be?" He asked, taking a few strides towards me "you walk into class late, and disrupt my teaching! I don't know why they let you into this school" he grumbled.

"Sorry sir," I manage to say, letting my eyes fall to the floor.

"Sir, I made him late" Fig stood up "I woke up late and still had to get my things together. Allen stayed back and helped me." Fig said, his voice small. I could see the nervousness in him, he was biting him bottom lip like he always did when he was trying to stay calm.

"I don't have time for this. Allen sit down, I'll talk with you two after class" He said, turning back towards the board.

I watched as he outlined planets and scattered dots of white on the board. He was going over the general idea of what the quiz was about.

I think so atleast. I wasn't exactly paying attention.

I rested my head on the table, letting my eyes drift around the roofless tower. The stars were shrouded by thick clouds, the cool fall wind making me wish there were blankets provided for this class.

My eyes landed on the forest beyond the school. The last time I was there, I had called Fig cute.

I wish I knew if he liked guys.

I closed my eyes and hurried my face in my arms. I needed to snap out of this. I I came here for school, not guys.

The sound of students shifting and ruffling paper snapped me out of my thoughts. The teacher had started passing out the quiz.

As soon as I looked at the questions, I realized I definitely hadn't studied enough.