Chapter 2

Keion POV 

*

By the time I woke up the house was silent, letting me know that everyone was gone. I sat up with a groan and stopped my alarm from going off. Not surprisingly I've slept through the first half of my alarms. I got up and showered before heading out. I went into the kids' rooms and straightened up a bit. 

I remember there was a time where we'd all be up around the same time. Have breakfast together. Felt so long ago. It's been a while since then because of how much work I've been putting in at the gym. 

To start I made a pretty bad financial move when I decided to buy the gym and our house at the same time. And then what made matters worse was Sophia being pregnant and planning the wedding around all of that. So because of my bad budgeting the savings from trapping dried up quickly. And business hadn't picked up like I thought so I've been running ragged to try and get things back on track. I didn't think transitioning from trapping to the straight and narrow would be so difficult. 

I guess it was because I was so used to the 'spending a check and getting it right back' mentality. We're not doing horribly so I'm going to do what I have to do in order to keep us secure. I don't want Sophia knowing just how bad it is because I don't want her to regret this move. 

I know she wanted us to live near Maria and everyone but I wanted us to branch out and try being on our own. Plus Chicago is where I'm from originally and I wanted to connect with my roots again. I don't see the problem in us branching out and it's not like we don't see them. I know Sophia is worried about all the hours I've been working and I don't want her to. I just need to get pass this rut and things will go back to normal and we can get back on track. 

I glanced at the time and realized I've wasted enough of it. I have to interview another trainer. I have to think of an idea to get more people in the gym these days. I teach boxing since I decided to take it back up in college and I have a few more trainers who specialize in other sports. Maybe this new person have something to offer my gym that'll give the push we need to make it successful. 

Sorry if the chapter is too short for you guys. Most of the chapters won't be very long I'm afraid. But I hope to bring you all an update every other day, excluding the weekend, including every other day updates for Her Scorned Heart. Tell me what you all think.