Chapter 14

Sophia POV 

*

"Feeling better baby?" I asked Jenson. He apparently got a little stomach bug from somebody at daycare so I let him stay home. He shook his head miserably. "The medicine should be kicking in soon. Just get some rest okay?"

"Okay mommy," he mumbled tiredly. I smiled a little before kissing his forehead. I closed the door to the room and went downstairs. I was glad that someone was able to cover for me at such short notice. Although this does give me an excuse to get my work done. 

I've been doing just about everything I could to avoid thinking about what's been going on with me and Keion for a number of reasons. The main one being that thinking about it is going to do nothing but piss me off. I've been trying, really trying to get our marriage back on track and it's like he doesn't care. Not to mention he's been staying out really late and it has my mind going crazy.

It's hard not to assume the worse. There's only so much work you can do when you own a damn gym. It's not like he's a lawyer or doctor. Then 'working late' would've been somewhat believable. What's worse is the problems between us are spilling over into our family life. He doesn't call to check on the kids and when I call him he almost never answers or call back. The kids notice the absence and have been more than a handful. Continuously asking where their father is and a bunch of other stuff.

It's taking everything, literally every bit of strength I can muster and then some not to explode. I'm way pass the crying stage. A bitch is PISSED to the fucking max and I'm getting sick and tired of this shit. I've tried everything I could think of to fix us and the doubts floating in my head. And with the bitch Shauna continuously popping up in my head and dreams I know it's not a coincidence. Keion better have the common sense NOT to be cheating because if he is he better pray for a fucking miracle. 

"Girl what in the world are you thinking about so hard that you didn't hear me knock?" I turned to the neighbor Mrs. Jones. She's an older woman who I've taken a liking to. She reminds me quite a bit of my abuela. 

"Sorry Mrs. Jones," I muttered. "Lot of things going on right now."

"I see that. I brought your mail over sweetie. How's Jenson? Feeling any better?"

"Not really," I said taking the stack of mail. "He's miserable and in bed right now. Can't hold anything down."

"I'll make him some good ole fashion chicken noodle soup." She headed straight for our kitchen as I continued flipping through the mail. I noticed a mail from the bank that said 'foreclosure' on it. 

"What the hell?" I muttered. I opened it and read through the letter. Apparently our house had been mortgaged and due to missed payments the bank was moving to cease the property. Before the confusion and shock could settle in my phone rang. It was Chance. "Hello?"

"So I got Jarrett to look into this girl like you asked and apparentlyshe's been real busy."

"Busy how?"

"You are right about her being a gold digger. It didn't take much to find her money hopping from one dude to the next. Normally business moguls. She's also kind of smart with her scam. She gets them to let their guard down and takes them for everything they have. Take out huge loans in their name, mortgage off homes, even convince a few to sign over all assets. He's also seen some strange activity going on with Keion's finances that match up to what she normally does."

"Is that right?" I headed to my keys on the hook. "Thanks Chance."

"What are you planning on doing?"

"Hoping I'm wrong but preparing to be right."

"Sophia, don't do anything rash. I'm already on my way over there. Just wait for me alright?"

"Alright." I hung up and put my phone on silent. "Mrs. Jones, something just came up so can you watch Jenson for me until I get back? It won't take long."

"Sure thing. I've got his soup cooking now so I was planning on staying for a little while anyways."

I nodded and headed to my car. I got in and sped to the gym. As I parked, I glanced at my glove box. I opened it and dug inside until I grabbed my gun. I tucked it into my purse and got out. If I'm wrong nothing happens but if I'm right, shit is going to get ugly. I walked inside and Kelly, the girl who works the desk, looked at me in surprise. "Hey Kelly," I smiled at her. "I'm looking for Keion. He's here right?"

"Uh yeah but...I think he's busy doing something-"

"This won't take but a minute. Office right?" I headed that way. I noticed people looking at me nervously. As I got closer I heard noises. I hesitated for just a moment before opening the door. "Wow," I said chuckling at the sight. 

Keion stopped and looked at me like a deer caught in the headlights. He was really fucking this bitch in his office. "S-Sophia?"

"No," I said sarcastically. "It's the ghost of Christmas past. Who the fuck else would it be?"

"L-Look I can explain," he said trying to come towards me. 

"Don't even. I figured you were up to other things for a while. Never thought you'd have the balls to go and actually cheat on me. This whole time I thought it was me when really it was you. I thought I was doing something wrong when really you were just out here fucking some random ass hoe."

"I didn't mean for it to get this bad. I'm sorry-" 

I scuffed. "Sorry?" I started chuckling and then full blown laughing. "Sorry? Really? That's where we're going with this? Okay you are sorry. A sorry excuse for a husband. The only reason you're 'sorry' is because you got caught. If I hadn't come here today would you have said sorry. No. I'm done. I'm done trying."

"Sophia-"

I shot him in his shoulder. "Thanks for mortgaging the house. Rot in hell with that bitch." I slammed the door as I walked out. People were standing by looking shocked. I smiled at them. "You all have a lovely day okay?" I should've stayed my ass in Virginia like I wanted. 

Sophia knows!! What's to come of her relationship with Box??!