Chapter 5

Sophia POV 

*

Even though I love my job there are aspects I hate. One being was bringing work home with me. That's a given for a lot of jobs but it's hard to get work down with three hyperactive kids running around. "Andre! Give me my doll baby!" Summer yelled. 

I sighed and rubbed my temples in irritation. I don't understand why these two are always fussing and fighting. Why can't they be a little more like Jenson? Just then I heard a crash. "I didn't do it!" They all yelled. I got up and went to see what broke this time. A lamp of course. I cleaned up the glass and shooed them into their rooms. Which I'm sure would be destroyed in a matter of minutes. 

"Move Jenson!" Andre yelled. "Mama! Jenson keeps cutting off my game."

"Seriously guys?" I grumbled. 

"Mama I'm hungry!" Summer yelled. 

"Dinner's cooking," I yelled back. Maria must be a magician if she can multi-task with the crowd she has. I feel like I'm going to go insane from just three kids. Just then the door opened and Keion walked in. 

"Hey babe," he said coming up to kiss me. 

"Hey. Can you watch the kids for like an hour? There's some work I really need to get done."

"Yeah let me shower right quick." I nodded, relieved he was going to help. Normally he's too tired to do anything and I end up having to figure out a way to make it work. I guess work wasn't that tiring today. My phone rang catching my attention. I looked at the number and smiled. "Hey Chance!"

"Sophia!" He cheered playfully making me laugh. "I haven't talked to your small ass in a while so I had to call and make sure you were still alive over there."

"Haha very funny," I rolled my eyes. "Yes I'm alive just busy. Some of us don't have just one kid you know?"

"I sense shade. Well most of us aren't a single parent big head."

I chuckled. "True that." Chance was the one person I was really worried about when they stopped trapping. He grew up in that environment and was willing to sacrifice a better life and be trapped in it for good. But he adapted a lot better and quicker than any of us expected. Now he does contracting work and flip houses. "Speaking of, you need a girlfriend."

"The hell I need a girlfriend for? I got Carmela and my hoes I don't need a girlfriend."

"Chance. You're mad old. You need to stop hoeing and settle down. Never too late for your dick to fall off from fucking with the wrong hoe."

"See you didn't even have to go there. I don't want to talk to you anymore. Bye."

"Wait!" I laughed. "I was kidding. I love you!"

"Love you too jerk," he chuckled. "Oh I called to ask if you got my email?"

"What email?" 

"It was pictures of this house I'm going to flip."

"What did you send them to me for? Selena is the decorating expert."

"Yeah but I wanted you to see it and see if you liked it." I headed to my computer and pulled up the email. "I was thinking of holding on to this house after it's done in case someone wants it."

"Really?" I chuckled. He's always the one to throw not so subtle hints of me coming back home. "Chance we've talked about this."

"I'm just saying I don't understand why y'all had to move so far away. Carmela misses her best friend. We don't ever see each other unless it's the holidays or family vacation. We were supposed to grow old together Sophia. Why'd you do this to me?!"

"Really Chance?" I laughed. "You'll live. You have Maria and Selena there to keep you sane."

"Stop it!" I heard someone yell before a thud. 

"Chance let me call you back," I sighed. I hung up and went up the stairs and found Summer and Andre fighting. Jenson was in the corner playing with his toys not paying them any attention. "Chill out you guys," I said breaking them up. Where the hell is Keion? 

I went into our room and found him passed out on the bed. "Seriously?" I said to myself. I went to wake him up but he didn't stir one bit. Of course he goes to sleep after I asked for his help. It's times like these I do regret coming out here. I know Keion works hard but I need help minding things sometimes. My dream was to live and grow up near family so we'd always be supported. 

Maybe we should've just stayed in Virginia. 

Tell me what you think.