Chapter 19

Sophia POV 

*

"Thanks Chance," I said over Facetime. "The house is beautiful. Lot better than the pictures. I really appreciate you holding on to this place for me."

"I figured you'd use it some day. Or at least hoping you would. Just not because of what happened."

"Yeah," I said looking at the ring on my hand. "I have to go Chance so um...I'll talk to you later."

"Alright. Take care."

The kids were over Maria's house so I didn't have to worry about them. I sat in the living room staring at my hand where my ring still sat. Keion's rang inside the back of my mind. Did I want a divorce? I honestly don't know. This isn't something that I can take lightly. We have three young kids and only been married three years. I honestly didn't think we'd come to this. And so soon at that. 

"Knock knock," Maria's voice could be heard throughout the house. I quickly wiped my face of the tears that managed to fall. I've been good with keeping myself from crying over this bullshit. I did not need to start now. 

"Hey," I smiled weakly at her. She sat down in front of me. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be home or at the restaurant?"

"No. I should be here as your big sister supporting you. I know we kicked that girl's ass decently but I never did ask how you really feel."

"I'm fine," I said looking at my nails. 

"Sophia," she said. "I know what you're doing."

"I'm not doing anything." She grabbed my chin and made me look in her eyes. 

"Stop it. I did that too you know? I was depressed for many years remember? I know what 'I'm fine' means. It's okay to cry you know."

I felt the tears building up. "Did I...do something wrong?" She pulled me into a hug as I cried on her shoulder. "I just...I don't understand. I did everything, EVERYTHING I thought I was supposed to. I was patient, kind, I even afford to help him. I ignored my gut thinking I was just crazy. Thinking that maybe it really was just me being insecure. I just wanted to help."

"I know," she said patting my back. "You didn't do anything wrong. Like you said you were doing what you believed was right. You made a simple mistake of putting everyone else first. And that's okay. Now you know you have to be happy too. It's time to be a little selfish in the future okay?"

I sniffed. "I don't know what to do anymore."

"Do you want a divorce?" I hesitated. Not sure of the answer. "You still love him."

"Love was never a problem. I didn't lose the love for him just because he cheated. It's the respect and trust that's gone. I gave him everything. I went against what I wanted. I put my faith into him. Into the idea that maybe we really could make a life elsewhere. Convinced myself that if I tried hard enough, I could learn to love it. For real. Be there with him truly. I did all of that, just for him to spit in my face, in our children's faces for a dirty muscle back bitch. I'm hurt because this doesn't just affect me, it affects our kids. They cry for him Maria. They want their daddy to walk through that door and for things to go back to normal but I can't. I just can't."

"I know," she smiled sadly at me. "There's a lot of pain that comes with this. And letting it fester is going to make things worse. I scheduled you an appointment to see a marriage counselor. Talk it out, weigh your options, and come to a calm conclusion. And remember, no matter what, we're on your side."

I nodded. Knowing I needed this. I needed to talk this out and come to a conclusion on what to do. Everything I've done, I've done out of hurt and spite. I need to have a clear mind and conscious because this decision will not only affect me but everyone around me as well. I just hope I end up making the right choice. 

I know it's technically not Thursday until another forty minutes or so but this book is almost complete you guys. Just one more chapter, ONE! I just want to take the time out to thank all of my readers, followers, voters, and constant commentators/commenters. Even those who just read and never follow or vote. 

Maybe one day I'll go back and add more content to this story and the others to follow but as of right now they are all just filler books to see what life brings to our lovely trapper family. Hopefully the last chapter will be up tonight, if not expect it tomorrow. Thanks again!