Chapter 12

Sophia POV 

*

"Hola hermana!" Maria cheered through the phone. We were currently on Facetime. With her running multiple restaurants and a full time parent it gets hard to stay in contact like me and Selena. 

"Hey Maria," I grumbled. 

"Well damn bitch. You could at least be a little excited to hear from your big sister. I mean shit."

"Sorry," I sighed rubbing my head. "I'm just, over it."

"Over what? What's going on?" I explained the fight that me and Keion had a while back that caused this big divide between us and how it's affecting us immensely. "I see," she said. "I can see how even seeing me doesn't help your mood much."

"Yeah," I sighed. 

"Well let big sister give you some advice okay? Box is a proud person and can't admit when he's wrong or made a mistake. I don't think he thought the whole process through and ended up biting off more than he can chew and is embarrassed by it."

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"Well, I've had a similar talk with Selena a while back about Speed. Those two were raised together basically so I'm not surprised they both picked up on their parents' habits. As you know, Speed's dad is extremely old school and that's how he raised his children. He basically got them thinking you're not a man unless you're a provider and a provider does it on his own. and because of that, Box made some very drastic choices that overlapped each other."

"I still don't-"

"Think about it Soph. He moved y'all out of state the same time he was building a business andy'all were expecting. He refused to ask for a single dime from you even though he knew you had more than enough to spare. He didn't plan his finances out and that drug money hethought would've lasted forever was quickly drying up. He's under more stressedthan we think and he realizes he made a huge mistake. I'm sure he's justembarrassed and doesn't want people to know."

"That's why I wanted to help him. If all he's doing is losing money then he shouldn't be doing this alone and I damn sure shouldn't be raising the kids alone as well."

"I'm not saying he shouldn't be accepting of your help especially if it's getting this bad. I'm just saying next time, talk to him FIRST. It's okay to vent about yourfrustrations but don't start telling people the wrong thing okay? Whatevery'all are going through needs to stay between y'all. Especially when you're dealing with your motor mouth sister."

"So you think he was more upset that I was telling our business? But it wasn't like I was badmouthing him to just anybody. You guys are our family. If we can't come to you guys at least for our problems then who can we go to?"

"Each other hermana. He did blow it out of proportion though. Stop being afraid to open your mouth. He's your husband for a reason. Both of you need to stop pouting like little kids and talk to each other. Remember kids feed off the vibes you send each other. That's probably why they've been so crazy with each other. The only way things fail is if you let them. Fix it before it becomes a problem."

"You're right," I sighed. "Being mad at each other isn't going to solve anything. Thanks Maria. Maybe I should've came to you first."

"Well duh, I'm the older sister for a reason.Oh, and if that black bitch gets loud with you again just call me so I can cuss him to hell. He knows I don't play that shit."

I chuckled. "Of course. I'll talk to you later though. Love you."

"Love you too!" We hung up and I felt more alone than I've ever felt. I know Keion wanted to move for a new start and for us to break out on our own but we've been here for a while and I've yet to really make any lasting bonds. I miss my friends and family. I can't help that. 

"Don't think about it," I told myself. One problem at a time. We can focus on that at a later date. Right now I need to focus on fixing our current situation. I was wrong in going to other people about our problems and I may have let too much information slip. I get it. But I don't get why he was so defensive about it or why he's so hung up on the money thing. I have plenty of it. 

Shortly after the matter of everything was put to rest a few years ago Maria, Selena and I had a decision to make. Keep the house our father built or not. We decided to sell it for various reasons. One being we all had separate lives and no need for the place. Although we suggested Maria keep it since she's the oldest and with the biggest family. She didn't want it because it was too much trouble to take care of. 

We sold the property and kept anything with sentimental value from inside. The money we got for it was split between each other and that was close to over ten million dollars plus the inheritance and money we got from papi's death. So lacking in money we aren't. Not that Keion knew. He never asked so I never felt the need to tell him. I didn't want him thinking I was bragging and I haven't touched any of it so it's easy to forget sometimes. 

After my little pity party I decided to do something for Keion as a way to apologize. We've been at war long enough. In order to make everything work we need to come together, not tear each other apart. Although it didn't help that we still had a problem. Three of them to be exact. Another downside to moving so far from family. No on-call babysitters. Luckily I found a way to wear them out. 

I let them run and play their little hearts out all day after school and then let them have a big dinner. Once they were washed and their little heads hit the pillow they were out before nine. I still wasn't permitted time to do my  work but luckily it's Friday so I have some time this weekend to try and do it. 

I got myself dressed sexily in lingerie and lied in our bed waiting for him. He was late coming home again and I couldn't help but let my mind wander to Shauna. There's something about that girl. And I'm not one to ignore a gut feeling. Keion and I will just have to talk to about her at a later date. I heard footsteps leading the way to the bedroom. I quickly fixed my hair and sat up as he walked in. His face contorted to confusion and shock. 

"Sophia? What are you-"

"I uh...I wanted to apologize to you. I realized I may have overstepped some boundaries by talking to Selena. I honestly didn't mean anything by it. I'm really sorry and wanted to make up. We can't let something as small and insignificant as this tear us apart. We have kids Keion and-"

"I'm honestly not in the mood right now so can we talk later?"

"What?" I stood up off the bed and looked at him strangely. "But-"

"I'm not in the mood Sophia," he said irritably. He walked passed me and into the bathroom. I followed him. 

"Keion I'm trying to-"

"I said I'm not in the fucking mood for this shit," he snapped. "Having sex isn't going to fix the fact you can't keep your damn mouth shut."

"But I-"

"Go to bed Sophia. I had a long day. I don't want to deal with this too." He turned his back to me while I stood there for a second, not sure what to do. After a few minutes of silent I walked out and back into the guest room. 

"What the hell just happened?" I muttered getting into the bed. I felt the tears rolling down my face slowly and a slow realization creeping up on me. This is the first time that Keion refused to have sex with me.

Tell me what you all think so far. And if you're wondering this part takes place the same day as the last chapter. Just in Sophia's POV. Hope you all enjoyed.