Chapter 20

Keion POV 

*

Life's been...quiet. Slow. Without my family, I realized what I had been missing. I let myself get wrapped up into work I forgot to enjoy the life I created. I can't believe I did that to Sophia. To our kids man. I don't...I don't want to lose them. They mean everything to me. 

After everything that went down I stayed in Chicago. I was too afraid to face anyone after what I did. I realized I really messed up when regardless of what I did, Sophia still had my back. She paid off all the debt I was in in order for me to live and see better days. Business is thriving now that I'm caught up with all the payments. I got exactly what I was working hard to obtain and it doesn't feel nearly as good as I thought. Maybe because I know that if I had just swallowed my pride none of this would've happened. 

My phone started ringing on the table. I glanced at the number before answering. "Yeah?"

"Still sobbing bitch?"

"Really Maria?"

"Yup. You hurt my sister jerk. If it wasn't for my niece and nephews I would've told her to divorce your ass. But no one's perfect and I've been cheated on before and learned how to forgive and forget."

"Forget what? You still bring that shit up," I heard Dallas in the background. 

"Get the hell out of my face man. Nosy ass."

"Loud mouth ass."

I chuckled and shook my head. Those two would never change. I really admire their relationship. Because no matter what they always had each other's back and stayed with each other to the end. "Did you hear me Box?"

"Nah my fault. I was thinking about something."

"See I shouldn't even help you. Here I am giving you everything you need to know in order to save your marriage and your block head ass ain't even-"

"Wait, save my marriage?! What are you talking about?"

"Sophia is on the fence about whether divorce is the answer. I convinced her to see a marriage counselor and weigh her options. This is your chance to at least get divorce off the table and for you two to talk this out."

"Where?" I said hopping up and grabbing my keys. If there's an opportunity for me to save my marriage I'm going to take it.

"I already got you a plane ticket so just show them your ID and get on the plane. Once you land here I'll text the address. I'm putting my faith into you Box. Don't you ever in your life hurt her again or I swear on my father's grave I'll skin you alive myself."

"I won't," I promised. I locked up the house and rushed out. This is it. My chance to make things right. I was not going to mess it up. I can't afford to. I needed my family back. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

I made it to the place the Maria sent and was going towards the office Sophia could be in. I opened the door and there she was, sitting on the couch with puffy red eyes with the counselor right across from her. The counselor smiled and stood up. "I'm assuming you're the husband. Glad you could make it."

"Thanks," I said staring at Sophia. It's been weeks since I've seen her and it was like I was seeing her for the first time. 

She scuffed and rolled her eyes. "I should've figured she had this planned out."

"Please have a seat," the counselor said. I sat down on the other side of the couch, despite wanting to be closer to Sophia. "You came just in time. We were just about to talk about where things went wrong."