Chapter 3

Sophia POV

*

"I finished the application like you told me," one of my students said walking into my office. "It wasn't as difficult as I thought."

"None of them are. Do you need another one?" They nodded and I began looking for a scholarship that would work for them. "Okay and here you go. Remember the deadline alright?"

"Okay! See you Mrs. Eddington." I smiled and went back to work. Even though I'm not the senior adviser I've gained trust among the class to get things done. People really have things wrong when they think about kids in a low-income neighborhood. It's not always because they don't want to go to college and stay in their environment. They just don't have access to information.

A lot of kids didn't know about the many scholarships they qualified for or the option of going to a trade school rather than a university. Or other programs/alternatives they could've taken.

"Another satisfied student?" I slick rolled my eyes before turning to the person who said that. It was the honors teacher Mr. Wright. He was also the assistant football coach so a lot of kids know him. He was an okay looking man. Tall and bald with a nice beard. "If I didn't know any better I'd think you were competing with me for the students favorite."

I scuffed. "I wouldn't dream of it. I'm already someone's favorite so," I shrugged.

He chuckled. "I bet. Are you busy today? You can join me for lunch-"

"No thanks," I said. "I have a lot of work to do as I'm sure you do as well."

"I'll wear you down one day," he smirked.

"I'm not the woman you should be wearing down," I motioned to his wedding band. He chuckled before leaving. I rolled my eyes extra hard. That man is a different kind of irksome.

"Was that Mr. Wright?" Patty, another math teacher, asked. "What did he want?"

"Same thing he always wants," I rolled my eyes. "I have to go make some copies. Walk with me since this is your free period."

"Why don't you take him up on his offer?" she asked. "He's nice."

I looked at her crazy. "How about because we're BOTH married?"

"Okay? It's just lunch."

"That's where you're wrong Patty. It's not just lunch when we BOTH know what he really wants. Me accepting his invitation to lunch is asking for trouble when I know what his intentions are. Plus it's disrespectful as hell to both of our homes. I'll be damned if I entertain another man knowing I've got one at home."

"He's just flirting Sophia. You're looking too much into it."

"No. You're looking too much past it. He shouldn't be flirting at all when he's committed himself to someone else. That's disrespectful. I'm not even going to entertain him because I know how my husband gets and I'm not risking what I worked hard to obtain for anybody."

I don't know if other people feel the way that I do but I don't care. You should hold and keep a certain standard when you're married. There's no such thing as 'harmless' flirting in my opinion and if you've committed yourself to someone it shouldn't be tolerated at all. Besides, if you're just going to entertain others you might as well be single. Marriage is obviously too big of a commitment to some.

The day went by pretty quickly after that. I didn't see Mr. Wright again which was a relief. I left and went to pick up the kids from school. "Mama," Summer said as she climbed into the car. "Can we go to daddy pool?"

"Sure thing babe. Let's get Jenson and we can go." The kids love going to Keion's gym to play in the pool and Keion doesn't mind much since it gives him room and time to spend time with them while at work. After picking up Jenson I stopped to the store and got them some swimming stuff. I pulled up to the gym and helped the kids out. "Hey Lindsay," I smile and waved to the secretary.

"Hey Mrs. Eddington," she smiled. "The hubby is in the weights area."

"Thanks," I said heading that way. I waved to the trainers and regulars who I knew well. As we got closer to Keion I noticed he was talking to a girl I've never seen before.

She was really pretty. Tiny waist, flat stomach, but thick thighs and a nice shaped butt. I felt inadequate compared to her. I'm still fairly small with little to no shape even after having three children. I shook the thoughts away and scolded myself for even getting that way.

I've been working on my insecurites a lot and I've gotten better with handling them but they do pop up every once in a while. "Daddy!" All the kids ran to him. He pretended to be surprised and hugged them making me smile. Keion loves his kids very much and their very presence seems to make him happy.

"I hope you don't mind," I smiled walking up to them. "They wanted to play in 'daddy's pool'."

"Nah I'm glad you brought them," he hugged me next. "Babe let me introduce you to somebody. This is Shauna. I just hired her to help train the women."

I gave her a polite smile. "Nice to meet you. I'm Sophia."

"Same here," she smiled at me. She felt kind of off so I didn't plan to be friendly with her. "So you two together?"

I refrained myself from rolling my eyes. "Yes. Married you know?" I flashed her my ring before looking off somewhere. I really don't want to talk to her. "I'm going to help the kids change."

"Iight," Keion said. "Shauna we'll pick up on where we left off tomorrow."

"Okay! See you later boss." She gave me one last plastic smile. "It was great meeting you Mrs. Eddington."

"Same," I mirrored her smile. I have a really bad feeling about that girl.

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Took a minute to write. Think I have an idea on what to write for Chance's book so he may even get a spin-off now. Let's hope you guys!

Shauna in mm