Chapter 4

*I'm gonna start calling Pidge Katie for a few chapters because she lost her memories, but her team will still call her Pidge sometimes, if that makes any fucking sense anyway enjoy* ~with Katie~
It had been a long day of torment, but she knew it wasn't over a druid would soon come and finish up what Haggar started. Katie was suspended in the air hanging from her wrists and ankles. Her hair had highlights of white (from the magic blasts) some strands were dangling in front of her face almost creating a safe memory she couldn't quite grasp.

'It had been long, too long for the druid not to appear' just as she thought this red lights started to flash and a blaring alarm was rung. Katie was in pain from the blaring siren ringing in her ears, she had not been exposed to loud noises at least not for a long time. Katie wanted to scream from the pain, but her vocal cords were damaged badly from the incident in the illusion machine. Katie was to distracted by the pain that she didn't notice two figures walking toward her. The one figure saw that the noise was bothering her and with a slash from a some kind of weapon the noise stoped. Her face softened, but when she looked up her whole body stiffened.

~with Shiro & Keith~
They were being guided by Allura to where the prisoners were kept. They snuck around and finally made it to the cells, they opened every last one finding a few prisoners but Pidge was no where in sight. "She's not here!" Shiro said into the comms.

"mister, there is a small girl here,is that who you are looking for?" Said one of the prisoners sheepishly, they were as tall as Shiro but seemed to be a little more older, they had a purple and green mixed skin with a long flap on the top of their head that looked kinda like hair, three fingers, and large brown eyes. "Yes, do you know where she is?!?" Keith butted in the conversation, "Yes,she was taken to the torture chamber"they said pointing in the general direction of the rooms location. "Thank you... Hunk come and get them to safety" "on my way Shiro!".

Keith and Shiro had started running down the hallway the prisoner pointed down,"Allura where is the torture chamber?" "It's up ahead, take a right turn and it's the first door on your left Shiro". They had finally gotten to the door when, alarms started ringing "damn we've been spotted!" Keith spat out "yeah, that might have been my fault, I rammed yellow through the side of the wall to get the prisoners" hunk said while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Okay, let's just get Pidge and get out" Keith said while activating his Bayard. They opened the door to find the smallest paladin in the worst condition. Keith saw that her face was in pain, he figured it was do to the siren so he hit the nearest alarm with his now formed sword. He saw her face relax, but quickly tense up again when she saw him and Shiro."Pidge, are you okay?" Shiro said approaching her slowly, she looked at him with a confused expression.

~katie POV~
I couldn't see straight it was all fuzzy thanks to Haggar earlier, but I could hear what they were saying. "Pidge, are you okay?" The one nearest to me asked. Pidge, why are they calling me Pidge? and why does his voice sound so familiar. I started to lose consciousness, with much protest.

"Pidge don't- we're going to get you-" that was the last thing I heard before the darkness pulled me in.

~keith~
Pidge's head swayed back and forth. "Pidge don't move, we're going to get you out of here" Shiro said while finally reaching her, by that time she had gone completely limp. I rushed over to help him get her down. Shiro had started carrying her at first, but found it hard to make sure she was okay and also fighting against any senteries or soldiers. "Hey, Shiro I'll hold her" I offered, he looked down at her but then handed her to me knowing he was better at taking any enemies down. When she was in my arms bridiel  style I finally got a good look at my Pidge. She was thinner and lighter then she was before, her rib cage could be seen through the tight prison outfit. Pidge had bruises and cuts along her face, dirt covered her beautiful locks of hair and face. But somehow through the pain she managed to looked so peaceful when she was asleep, like an angel. We finally made it to the lions, me and Shiro parted ways. I laid Pidge on my lap on the cockpit seat. {Come on red let's get her home quick} {yes my paladin, I'll tell green and the other lions that she is coming home} red answered happily from the back of my mind. I took a final look at her and then took off. "Did you get Pidge?" Hunk asked worriedly "yes but we better hurry she doesn't look to good" I responded. "Okay, fall back everyone" Shiro commanded.

~Narration~
Everyone had ran to Red's hanger once they landed. They all waited outside wondering what was taking so long. Finally red opened her mouth to reveal Keith holding Pidge. They all ran towards the two "Pidgey,we missed you!" Lance beamed, he expected for his smallest friend to make a reaction to his comment but nothing happened not even a snicker. Allura had taken Pidge from Keith's arms, "Coran we need a pod now!" She said with worry and concern laced in her words and features. "On it princess" Coran said while running to the med-bay,with Allura and everyone else close behind. The pod was ready and Allura placed Pidge in with care and swiftness, Coran had took a scanner to see what was wrong with the littlest paladin. Coran had a concerned expression etched in his features, everyone was in pure silence while they watched him go over the scanners information."What is wrong with her?" Allura finally breaking the silence while also pushing back sobs. "Well...it's not good" he said solemnly "it appears she has broken vocal cords, malnourishment, and..." He stopped when he started choking on his tears, "and?.." Matt said after breaking through his shock at his sister's condition "and what Coran?, What is wrong with my sister?" He said with Pain in his voice. "And..." Coran continued "...there are extreme amounts of magic in her system no doubt from Haggar, so when she gets out she needs to be watched around the clock for any signs of energy dispersed" he ended with hot tears streaming down his face, he hated seeing his friends/family hurt especially Pidge. Everyone stood there stunned before Allura commanded the paladins to help the rescued prisoners. All but Keith left the room he sat there alone staring at the one thing he cared about in the universe.

* Sorry the ending is a bit cheesey and I know I fucked up the schedule already, anyway I still hoped you enjoyed this took me a long fucking time to write*