Chapter 5

*Time skip one week later*
~Team~
"Okay any tick now" Allura announced excitedly. All the paladins and Matt circled the pod.

~Katie~
Katie felt a warm liquid surrounding her body, before the cold air had broken through. She felt as if she was gonna fall. She braced for impact, but it never came. hands caught and steadied her. She slowly opened her eyes, the bright lights blinded her making her wince. She recovered quickly and forced her eyes back open.

Seeing a big group of people standing around her, she realized most of them were from her illusions but two of them she didn't recognize. She flung herself back hitting a nearby wall. "Pidge, are you alright?" The tallest one asked, he had a white tuff of hair in the front she remembered him wearing a black suit but instead now he was wearing a black long sleeve and a matching vest.

Katie looked up at him with horror in her eyes. "Very funny Haggar, y-you can let me out now!" she yelled with a raspy voice, she was shocked she could even use her voice. The people around her looked at each other confused. "Haggar please let me out! I don't know anything!...promise" she begged, almost sounding like a scared child.

~Team~
Keith stepped forward trying to comfort Pidge. She pulled herself away more "don't touch me! Get out of my head!" She screamed. Keith quickly took his step back.  Katie started mumbling just loud enough for them to hear what she was saying, "Keith,Matt,Shiro,Lance, Hunk,Allura,Coran" she repeated them while clutching her head and sliding down the wall to embrace her legs and rocking herself soothingly.

They all stared at her for a few moments not knowing what to do, they were all confused thoroughly. Finally it was Allura's turn to attempt to comfort the small terrified girl in front of them. She took to small steps forward drawing the attention of the rest of the team, Pidge didn't see to notice. Allura took that as her que to walk in normal steps all the way to her. She wrapped her arm around the shivering girl, which made Pidge stiffen at her touch. "Pidge..." She said softly "...Pidge we're worried about you", Pidge looked up at Allura confused. "W-why do you keep calling me Pidge? My name is Katie Holt" she said while leaning into Allura's touch, this statement made everyone worry even more.

"Well...we knew you as Pidge before you were kidnapped" she said plainly, not knowing what to say. "Oh" Katie responded with mild curiosity, "so, do you remember any of us?" Allura asked receiving glares from Lance and hunk in return. Katie gave a weary nod before answering fully "yes, I don't...remember you as I should...but more of the illusions of you from Haggar's machine...I don't recall you or that other man with the mustache ever being there, but...they were there" Tears we're forming at the edges of her eyes when she pointed at the paladins, Matt was hiding behind them. "Well at least you remember our names" Allura said with a smile, "wait, those names belong to you guys?" Katie said shocked. "Well of course, I'm princess Allura..." She went down the line introducing Katie's long forgotten friends, each looked at Katie with a smile and a wave when their name was called. "...And finally Matt...wait where's Matt?" When Allura said this Matt stepped out from behind the paladins "right here" he said weakly, Katie stood up so fast and the fear in her eyes resurfaced. "Y-you!" She said while trembling, everyone looked at her with their eyes wide

"What's wrong" Allura asked while standing up and placing a hand on Katie's shoulder. Katie was trembling so much she couldn't form the sentence, but then the anger and rage clouded her mind, her expression changed from a scared little girl to a furious dragon (roar... XD). Katie knocked Allura's hand away.

Katie took deep breaths to try calming herself down, it didn't work. She felt light headed, she stumbled back a bit. Her head felt as if it was going to explode, she clutched her head once more but this time from pain.

The pain became so much to handle that she started screaming. Sending waves of forceful energy around the room. The lights began to flicker and tables began shaking. "Get the sedative now!" Allura yelled to Coran, Coran ran over to the two. "I'm sorry number five" he said while he stuck the needle into Katie's neck. Everything went silent the lights went back to it's steady pace and the tables stopped shacking. Keith and Shiro both stepped forward. Coran got up so that Shiro could take his place next to Allura. Keith picked up Katie's head and rested it in his lap. "What was that?" Shiro said placing a hand on Allura, she leaned into his touch. "It is a sign that our Pidge has changed" Allura's voice cracked with a single tear rolling down her cheek. Allura had wiped it away and grabbed Katie lovingly and placed her on a medical bed. Allura took a nearby chair and sat next to Katie. She began stoking the white and hazel colored hair. Everybody came closer to the two girls. Keith had held Katie's hand softly. "Well, dinner won't make its self" hunk said trying to lighten the mood. But they still continued to look at the small girl solemnly.

*these are getting super long, but it's worth it.*