Chapter 14

Pidge POV
I've been home for a month and a half now. Life is getting back to normal, it feels amazing. Keith and I are together almost of the time. It's both romantic and annoying...in a good way. Not Lance annoying, but a cute annoying. Dear Tech, I've become one of "those" girls. Kill me now.

My recovery is going swiftly, it isn't as bad as Shiro's. I just have vivid nightmares, Keith usually helps me with them. He spends the night in my room. NOT in the dirty way you smut loving children! (I have my eye on you, unless you're a cinnamon roll then you're free to go)

The Galra haven't attempted to attack yet, it's been quite in the universe. It's odd, they are definitely up to something. There is no way in hell they gave up and are leaving us alone now. Though, if they tried I can whip their ass. That'd would be awesome, and fun. *cough* I mean educational on my new combat skills. I'm cuddling with Keith right now, and I'd be lying if I said he wasn't comfy. Like damn. Never thought someone can just be a goddamn pillow, me likey.

I was half way into my snuggle time when the alarm started blaring. Fuck. Guess it's time to face the space demons. I jumped up real quick, Keith not too far behind. He booked it to his room, we both got changed and exited at the same time. We started running to the control deck, skidding to a stop. Apparently the Galra decided to start attacking again. Fucking hoes.

Shiro gave us a run down of the plan. We quickly disbursed and went to our respective lions. It's been a while since I've flown Green. I'll manage, it's like riding a bike. A large mechanical robotic intellectual bike. No biggie. I'm glad sometimes that Green has auto pilot. I have to reteach myself the controls when I get back. I activate the stealth mode I installed. Gliding into the Galra ship's hanger, no one was there. Luckily Keith was in the same hanger.

We ran through the halls, still quiet. "The ship isn't attacking, what's happening down there?" Allura's voice rang through the intercoms. "It's quiet here too" Shiro informed her.

"Pidge"

A whisper called out to me, it was right in my ear. Suddenly a sharp pain went off in my head. I screamed in agony, I sprawled out on the floor. I could hear the rest of my friends screaming just like me, and the frantic voices of Croan and Allura before I passed out.

When I awoke, I was stripped of my armor. Leaving me in my black protective under bodysuit. I was alone in room? I stood up, examining the "room" more. There was two tiny Windows on opposite walls. And a third on the right side. The right and forward walls were actually doors. One showed the outside of space, the other the hallway. And the opposite wall from the space door was a window looking into another room.

In the other room was my friends just waking up themselves. Once everyone was awake a voice sounded out through the speakers, "dear paladin's, I hope you enjoyed your stay. Because in five doboshes (minutes) the air lock will open. Sending dear Katie into the unknown of space. I even so graciously provided a count down clock in each of your rooms. Enjoy". Haggar is really going to send me out. I looked back to the window, everyone was staring shocked at the speaker. A red count down clock appeared over the window. I had a short time, might as well say my goodbyes. I gained their attention by banging on the glass. They were still in their paladin uniform, I guess they get released after this. That's good.

They rushed to window, their mouths were moving but I couldn't hear them. Great I can't say goodbye. Luckily I knew sign language. I signed for them to stop talking and signed "I'm sorry, this is goodbye. I just want you to know that I love you guys and it was a pleasure knowing you". They understood, but they kept shouting at the glass. I broke down in tears, letting sobs escape my mouth. I was going to die before returning back to Earth and reuniting mg family together. I'm sure Matt will in my place.

Keith pushed through the other gelling boys, placing his hand on the glass. He was also crying. I placed my hand where his was, tears streamed down both of our faces. I gave him a weak smile through the tears, him retuning the action. I looked back at the clock it had 2 seconds left. I mouthed 'I love you'. The air lock opened, sucking me outside the safety of the ship. I saw everyone screaming and yelling through tears as I was sent flying.

I let my body relax. It was cold, definitely a contrast between how I felt this morning. Who knew I would die today? I always knew that was a funny thought. You never know when you're gonna die. But at least I got to say goodbye one last time. My skin and body suit started forming a crystalized layer of what I believe is ice. My eyes started hurting, I assume they are red. My consciousness started to fade. I looked out to the stars basking in their glory as my vision flickered out.

A peaceful darkness slowly over taking what's left of my vision. I wasn't afraid, I felt relieved and happy. So, this is what dying is like? It's not that bad. Not from what I can tell at least. I hope me and Keith meet in the next life, and live out the future we planned out not too long ago.

Turns out my new found powers were useless after all. I was useless after all. They will succeed in their mission against the Galra. I have faith in my friends. This was my final thought as I succumbed to the darkness completely.

I'll comfort those of who actual read my damn notes. This isn't the end I have end game plan. What kind of asshole author do you take me for? See you around fuckers
~Author-chan