Chapter Nine

"Maybe one day, but today you're my little bitch

"Maybe one day, but today you're my little bitch."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We stop in front of Bebe's home and I quickly storm out of the car with Bebe in front of me.

"I said, leave me alone!" Bebe shouted as she slams the door open startling the man.

"Bella don't do this. Just think about it, please," Edward pleads.

"Get out! It's over." She screams and slams the door. Charlie has risen, baffled, concerned.

"Bella? What happened?" Charlie questioned.

"I have to get out of this place. Out of Forks. I'm leaving. Now." Bebe said as she runs upstairs. Charlie hurries after her and I stay downstairs waiting.

After a few seconds the pair come down the stairs Bebe charges down the stairs with Charlie following.

"Your mother's not even in Phoenix." Charlie said.

"She'll come home. I'll call her from the road." Bebe said.

"You can't drive home now. I'll take you to the airport in the morning." Charlie said trying to get Bebe to stay.

"I want to drive. I need time to think. I'll pull into a motel in a few hours. I promise. And Kara is coming with me, so she'll drive instead," Bebe said as she heads for the door. She's almost to the door but Charlie blocks her.

"Bells, I know I'm not around much, but I can change that. We can do more things together." He said and for a second, I just wanted to blurt out to him about what's going on, but I don't.

"Like watch more baseball on the flat screen? Or go to the Coffee Shop? Same people, same steak, same berry cobbler every night? That's you, Dad. Not me." She said and I cringe at the look on Charlie's face. She can barely stand it, heads down the stairs, as he takes a second to recover...

Bella exits, heads to her truck. Fresh tears spring to her eyes. The truck moves off. As Bebe drives, wiping tears away. Edward is suddenly outside the car, near Bella's window.

"He'll forgive you." Edward says as she looks to him startled. "Slide over..." He whispers and she does so as he opens the door, sliding in, and takes the wheel. Bella slumps.

"His face... I said the same words my mother used when she left him." She muttered as she leaned into me with tears in her eyes. I hugged her tightly remembering the story of what had happened.

"It was the only way he'd let you go." Edward states as he floors it. "Your father's safe now, Bella. The tracker is following us," he said and suddenly, BOOM! A dark figure leaps onto the bed of the truck. Bella screams and I grip her tightly keeping her close to me my eyes darkening. "It's alright. It's just Emmett. Alice is in the car behind us." Edward states as I breath heavily and Eva goes away. Bebe catches her breath. It kills both myself and Edward to see her so frightened. She looks out the window as they drive through town.

Edward, Emmett, myself and Alice rush Bebe from the truck to the house... but freeze when the door opens, and Laurent exits. We immediately take defensive positions, but Carlisle appears. "He came to warn us. About James." Carlisle says and I instantly relax and jog over to Carlisle hugging him tightly before he kisses me on the forehead. Laurent address both myself and Carlisle.

"I've grown tired of his games. But he's got unparalleled senses. Absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in three hundred years... And the woman, Victoria, will back him. Don't underestimate her." He says and both myself and Carlisle nod our thanks. Laurent looks at Edward, apologetic. "I'm truly sorry for what's been unleashed here." He says and he moves off, disappearing into the woods...

The side door to the garage bursts open as Edward and the Cullen's enter, followed by Bebe and myself. The lights flip on to reveal a pristine garage; the Volvo, the red BMW, a black Mercedes sedan, an SUV. Everyone but Rosalie springs into action, opening cupboards for supplies such as cell phones, extra batteries, maps, portable GPS units, changes of clothes, cans of gasoline, etc. As they load up the vehicles –

"I've had to fight our kind before. We're hard to kill." Jasper says.

"But not impossible. We'll tear him up," Edward growls a murderous glint in his eyes.

"We'll rip him apart with our hands, then burn the pieces." Emmett growls, his voice filled with bloodlust. I take note of this and Eva begins filling more facts into my head.

"I don't relish killing another creature. Even a sadistic one like James." Carlisle says with a shake of his head, being a bit of a pacifist. I smile sadly.

"If he doesn't get to one of us first." Rosalie growls.

"This is insane. You can't put yourselves in danger like this - for me." Bebe says horrified by the thought of everyone doing this for her.

"Too late." Rosalie scoffs, and Edward shoots her a look, but he grabs two sets of keys off a hook, throwing one set, lightning fast, to Carlisle.

"I'll run Bella south, while you lead the tracker away..." Edward begins but I stop him quickly.

"No, Edward -- the tracker thinks you won't leave Bella. He'll follow you." I said as I take the keys from his hand and stare into his eyes. 'I'll go with her you know I would do anything to protect her, she's been there for me for a long time, I won't ever let anything happen to her,' I whispered to him in my head and Edward nods as he stares into my eyes. He pulls me into a hug and whispers.

"Keep her safe," He then lets me go. "Alice and Jasper are going to go with you." I nod as he opens one of Bella's suitcases, pulling out clothes, tossing them to Esme and Rosalie. "Esme, Rosalie, put these on so the tracker will pick up Bella's scent." He said as I see Rosalie stare at Bebe's clothes in distaste.

"Why should I? What is she to me? Just a danger you've inflicted on us," Rosalie growls staring at Edward.

"Rosalie. Bella is with Edward. She's a part of this family now just like Kara. And we protect our family." Carlisle says and she glowers but picks up the clothes. Carlisle hits the door opener and the massive metal doors roll open. Carlisle walks over to me and kisses me on my lips, and I lean away smiling softly breathing a little harder. "Be safe," he whispered, I nodded and walked over to the car.

I watch as Carlisle squeezes Edward's shoulder before he and Esme climb into the SUV. Everyone finishes loading up, climbing in cars - Amid this, Edward and Bella take a moment together. I watch the pair and close my eyes letting my demon powers slowly work their way around my body, fuelling me with power.

"Let's go," I said, and Alice and Jasper nod and we whip out of the garage and drive quickly down the road.