Chapter Three

"The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected

"The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

"Have you been home the whole day?" Carlisle asked. I turned and smiled sadly.

"Yeah, and it isn't because you are leaving. I had something to do, for Nik," I said with a smile. "He's in New Orleans at the moment," I stated.

"What happened with Elena?" Carlisle asked.

"Eh, I don't know, I don't really care about her anyway," I stated. "She was annoying," I whispered.

"I love you Kara," Carlisle whispered.

"I love you too, I wish you weren't leaving," I whispered.

"It's safer this way for Bella, and don't forget you have our new numbers, I wouldn't deprive my children of their mother," Carlisle whispered. I smiled and took the piece of paper. "Don't let Bella get a hold of it." He whispered.

"I won't but I expect Edward to call me at least once a month." I growled. "Knowing him he'll want to be alone, just like his Bella." I stated. Carlisle laughs but nods. "I don't want you to go," I whispered. Carlisle smiles sadly and caresses my cheek. "I don't want you to go," I whispered as I felt the tears well up.

"I won't be far Kara," Carlisle whispered. I smiled and sniffled, Carlisle smiled one last time and kissed me softly, before moving away and leaving me in my home, alone.

"Kara!" I heard Charlie shout as he barged into my house, the day turning to night. I frowned as I go up from my sofa and jogged over to him.

"What's wrong?!" I shout in shock as Charlie looks mad with fear.

"Bella's missing!" He shouts and I gasp before grabbing a torch and running outside with Charlie coming after me. I bolt over to the woods and am about to race in when someone wraps their arms around my waist.

"No! I need to find her!" I shout beating the persons arms. I continue thrashing around in the persons arms, trying in vain to get out of their hold. Eva was not helping realising the person didn't know about who I was... or what I was.

"Kara stop, we need to make sure no one else gets lost," I hear the voice whisper and realise that it was Jacob. I stop thrashing and he lets me go as I walk over to Charlie and he is beside himself with worry, pores over a map with Billy and Harry.

"I'll call the Cullen's again. Her note said she and Edward went for a walk." Charlie said.

"Charlie, the Cullen's have left, Carlisle got a better job opportunity," I whispered as I kept my eyes on the map. Harry puts a reassuring hand on Charlie's shoulder.

"We'll find her, Charlie." Harry stats and I lean into him as he pulls me into a hug feeling very reassured.

"I'll rip the forest down before I lose her," I whispered.

"Charlie! Kara!" I hear Jacob shout, we both spin to see Jacob pointing to a man that emerges from the forest. 'Sam Uley, 20, emerges, tall, strong Quileute Indian with cropped hair and a fierce expression.' And my eyes widen as I see he is carrying Bebe in his arms.

"It's Sam Uley. He found her." Billy says to us as we now bolt over to her. Charlie wraps his arms around Bella, lifting her from Sam's arms.

"Thank you, Sam. Thank God." I say as Charlie starts carrying Bella to the house, cradling her. Harry and Billy give Sam a nod of praise and gratitude. But Sam backs away, avoiding any accolades. I watch Sam as he watches Jacob. Sam looks to me and I tilt my head, he watches me but turns quickly as he shivers from my stare.

I now walk inside the house and up to Bebe's room, I look inside Bebe's room and see her curled up in a fetal position in the middle of the bed. I sigh and walk over as Charlie walks out relived but now worried his daughter will never be the same. I climb into Bebe's bed and pull her into my arms.

A month went by and the leaves have turned red and orange. Bebe sits in a rocking chair by the window. Her face blank. Empty. October, and costumed kids appear in the yard, trick-or- treating.

Now November neighbours Bob and May bring Charlie a turkey... they glance up at Bella's window with concern...

And now Winter begins the trees' branches are now bare... December Charlie drags a Christmas tree toward the house... worry has taken its toll on him. But Bella remains unchanged...

"Bebe!" I call out but she doesn't move. I sigh and roll my neck, the annoyance of her attitude to Edward leaving, beginning to take its toll on me. I move away from her room and head downstairs and towards my home, I walk inside and stop as I turn and see someone sitting on my lounge chair, his hair blonde and slightly messy and a tall lean frame. "Nik?" I whispered as the man stood and my brother now stood in front of me.

"Hello, my little sorella," Nik whispered a smile on his face, I jumped towards him tackling him to the ground. Our laughter filling my empty home, Nik held me close as we both relaxed into each other's arms.

"I've missed you," I whispered as I buried my head into his chest, his hand rubbing my back, as tears slipped down my face. "I'm sorry I left you," I muttered as I started slipping into a calm.

"I love you my sorella and I will never be mad at you, you were scared, you were just a little girl and I understand, I will always understand." He said and sat up from the floor carrying me towards my room. "Sleep well my little sorella," Nik whispered as he pulled my blanket over me, I pulled the blanket up higher and buried myself deep into my pillow.

By the next morning, I woke to a beautiful smell, I smirked and ran downstairs seeing Nik finish plating up my pancakes. I let a little squeal out and jumped over to the plate of pancakes. Nik laughed and ruffled my hair happily. "So, my little sorella, what are you doing?" Nik asked.

"Well, I'm keeping Bebe safe, because the Cullen's had to leave. And no Nik you can't get mad about it, because I am fully in contact with all the family," I said with a slight glare at the look on Nik's face.

"Sorry, I won't say anything," he muttered, and I giggled happily. "I do have sad news though," Nik whispered, and I stopped eating my pancakes.

"What's the news then?" I asked.

"I can't stay for long and, our father is gone, his dead," Nik whispered I frowned sadly at the fact our father is gone, but now that I knew that, I can send for him to be around all the time.

"I don't want you to go," I whispered. "Please don't leave me," I sobbed not wanting to be alone. "I don't wanna be alone," I whispered as Nik pulled me into a very tight hug. 

"I'll always call every day and at every chance I can get okay," Nik whispered, holding me, and continuing to hold me, stroking my hair. He stayed for as long as he can, and soon he had to go and I was alone again.