Chapter Seven

If I cry, it's because I'm very angry and I can't do anything about it because I've run into a dead end

If I cry, it's because I'm very angry and I can't do anything about it because I've run into a dead end. That's when the tears would come down. 

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

"U.W. sent me and Eric our dorm assignments yesterday..." I listen to Angela say, as Bebe turns back to the room where Angela and I lay on the floor, a massive stack of graduation announcements in the "done" pile. Angela is blithely unaware of Bebe's and I's situation. "I'm in the furthest dorm from campus. Eric's in the closest, of course. Has Alaska assigned you guys dorms yet?" Angela asks us, well mainly Bebe as I have no intention of going to college considering what I do. Bebe looks at her, missing her already. She lies next to Angela, takes up a card to address.

"Not yet." Bebe answers.

"Where is Edward tonight anyway?" Angela asks us.

"Out looking for trouble." Bebe whispers but in the way she spoke you could hear the worry in her voice and Angela looks to her.

"Is something wrong?" Angela questions looking over to me quickly.

"No, why?" Bebe asks, trying to put up a front.

"One, Edward's always with you. Two, you keep looking out that window like you're hoping he'll show up with a mariachi band." Angela said as I giggled.

"Angela what if Eric was like secretly a member of this... violent gang, and... your brother was in this other gang, and they wanted to kill each other, and you couldn't tell anybody?" Bebe asked and I stared at her with wide eyes.

"That's how you explain it?" I questioned.

"It's okay. You don't have to talk about it." Angela says with a soft smile, but almost lets a grin slide across her face after I spoke up.

"There's nothing to... I mean there is but..." Bebe mutters but she didn't know how to talk about it.

"Okay. You remember Jacob Black?" I ask looking to Angela and she smirks and nods.

"Ah. Edward's jealous." Angela says as I point at her.

"Hit the nail on the head." I muttered, with a smirk on my face.

"You say that like it's so obvious." Bebe said staring at us.

"Oh, it's not?" Angela questioned.

"Edward just thinks Jacob's dangerous or something... bad influence on me." Bebe whispers and both Angela and I smile at each other and shake our heads. "What?" Bebe asks, as I turn away and grab my cup of blood, drinking them.

"I've seen the way Jacob looks at you. Edward's seen it too, and he's only human. He's going to react like any other guy." Angela states, and I choke on my drink as she says human, and wave them off as they look to me with concern.

"It's more complicated than that." Bebe says turning away from me and back to the topic at hand.

"Say the words Bella: jell-oh-see." Angela sayssounding jealousy out for her, as I giggle off to the side.

"I've told Jacob how I feel. He accepts it. He'd rather be best friends than nothing." Bebe states with a slight glare in my direction.

"Okay, so the words are dee-nigh-ul." Angela said sending me in another giggling fit.

"You're saying I'm an idiot." Bebe says, raising an eyebrow.

"Just a little oblivious." I said as Angela nodded with me.

"Well, I don't want this. Every move I make hurts someone." Bebe whispered, sadness lingering in her voice.

"They're big boys. They make their own choices. Don't worry it will work itself out. It's not life or death or anything." Angela says, and both Bebe and I glancing back at the window at our realities.

I sighed before getting up and walking out, so I could give someone a ring. "This is the greatest sister speaking, what may I help you with my dear little one," Becca said, her voice filled with cheer.

"I'm great actually, I'm going to assume your happy because you're on your way here to set up for the end of this month?" I questioned, as I leaned against the wall in the small little hallway.

"Yes, yes, yes!" She cried with a bright laugh. After her excitement we continued planning some other things for the wedding, and I smiled as Angela left, Bebe going and waving her off, then coming back over to me.

I hopped into Edward's Volvo as Bebe sat in the front. We continue to drive as I keep speaking with Becca. Edward's silver Volvo pulls over to the side of the road. Bebe and Edward emerge from the car. I look down and see – 30 yards down the road, a shirtless Jacob leaning against his red Volkswagen. Waiting. The two guys exchange a tense look. I roll my eyes at the pair and tell Becca that I would speak to her later.

"Doesn't he own a shirt?" Edward questioned annoyed.

"I'm good here, you should go." Bebe whispers, smiling before Edward pulls her closer.

"I'm not gonna be going long." Edward said, and Bebe smiles a little bit more.

"Don't rush. You need to hunt." Bebe says and I roll my eyes as he plants a passionate kiss onto Bebe. Edward pulls away, leaving Bebe a little dizzy. "Maybe you rush a little bit." She whispers. He smiles. She offers a reassuring look, then her and I walk off. We both reach Jacob who smiles happily at us, but mostly Bebe.

"Hey, beautiful." Jacob whispers.

"Hi." Bebe greets as he pulls her into a big hug and then hugs me. I turn as I hear Edwards car peel out and vanishes down the road. Jacob opens the car door as I climb into the trucks tray, wanting to stay away from the wet dog smell.

"So, whaddaya wanna do today? Bike, hike, hang? Your call. But we're going to a party tonight." Jacob states, and I frown. I don't like the idea of going to this party, I thought, realising they were wanting to learn about myself and what my kind is. 

"Great," I muttered as we moved, cruising down the highway.