Chapter 3. Go Forth

...

Behind her augmented breasts,  Guzel's ugly and black heart was hidden well.  Her body was curved in the expected places.  Her hair was long,  wavy,  and a deep auburn.  She was also tall, and when she stood face to face with Beam insisting that he sleep inside and in the room next to Gull's,  he just couldn't understand her changed attitude toward him.

His argument that it was not necessary and that he was accustomed and comfortable in the porch,  didn't sway her.  

The room readied for him was open and a warm humid breeze blew through a window and out into the hallway.  Beam could see the blueish hue from Gull's computer screen.  It went from bright to dim and back.  The boy had left his bedroom door open and when Beam came upstairs,  he stopped and said goodnight again.

"Are you doing homework?  Don't stay up too late Nong."

"I have to get good marks P'.  Mom will never pay for University.  I have to get in some other way."

Gull turned in his chair and looked at Beam;  his silhouette filled the doorway.  "You were downstairs for a long time tonight P'.  Did mom talk you into sleeping up here?"

"She did."

It was too dark to make out Beam's face,  but Gull could see that he had those framed photos on top of the clothes he'd brought.  He whispered:  "I saw your pictures when I went to your room P'.  Your mom was beautiful."

Beam pulled the clothes and the frames to his chest.  "Thank you, Nong."

Gull stood;  he took four steps and came close.  "P'Beam..."

Several long seconds passed.  Beam was sure that Gull was going to say something.  He seemed to be wrestling, but no words were coming out.

"Is everything alright Nong?"

"Ah,  ah,...  I just wanted to say sorry for not being able to come to the kitchen anymore P'.  I feel bad about it."

"That's ok Nong.  We will all miss you,  but it's better that you study and avoid problems with Kork.

Gull tried again.  He so much wanted to tell Beam what he knew.  He couldn't muster the courage,  and instead,  he told Beam to have good dreams.

...

The housewarming and Forth's twenty-sixth birthday invitations went out on October 31st.