Chapter 16. Forth's Foray

...

...three broken hearts...

Forth,  Cc and Winn had become close over the months.  Forth kept them informed about everything in regards to the investigation and search for the boys.  They were the first people he called whenever there was a new tip for police.

All three of them worked a lot so it was mainly on the weekends when they would spend quality time together.  Forth would have them over to the house and they'd watch movies or play games.  Sometimes they'd swim, and they were often invited for dinner by either Forth's mom or his dad.

Winn's case was very different from Cc's.  He wasn't in love with Korkov but he told Forth they made a connection and exchanged phone numbers and IG's.  Winn had asked Kork on a date and he'd accepted.  It was supposed to be Friday, December 11th,  but the brother's disappearance was in the news by the 10th and Kork's picture was everywhere.  The only link Winn had to Korkov was through Forth and the boy went to the Kreepolrerk office building to find him.

~

~...Winn & Korkov...~ 

Forth told Winn that he understood.  "Sometimes that's all it takes for someone to be special to you.  A few words and a feeling in your gut."  

Winn was sitting across from Forth at his desk.  He nodded when Forth said:  "I always go with my instincts.  They're there for a reason."

Winn thought Forth was smiling at him in the oddest way,  and in truth,  Forth was.  He was thinking about the night of his party and how he wanted to introduce Kork to Winn.  From the moment he met the young valet,  Forth had a feeling in his stomach that Kork would like him.  He thought Winn had the same macho masculine stance as Korkov did, and one other similarity. When Winn spoke,  it was with a soft,  nurturing and intelligent voice.  It was much like Kork's when he dropped the blustery bravado camouflage.

Winn asked Forth:  "Is that how it worked for you and P'Beam?"

The pair bonded over their losses.  Forth hugged the boy before he left the office that day and their friendship grew after that, every time they talked.