Chapter- 4

Shreya's POV-

I don't know what came over me and I rushed out of the ball room and unknowingly my feet found their way back to my room.

" Shit Shreya, why did you come out like this? Now what will I answer to everyone??" I muttered to myself.

As I was pacing in my room, I heard the knock.

Oh god! What will I say???

Anyway, I opened the door to see Virat bhai and Mumma standing there. 

Double Shit? CHECK.

" Shreya, what happened? Why did  you come back to your room?" Mumma asked.

" How did you know that I was not there?" I asked her.

" We saw you running out of the ball room while the dance was going on." Virat bhai said.

" Actually, I was feeling nauseatic so had to come here." I lied.

Mom looked at me peculiarly and I tried to fake it. Luck was with me, she believed it.

" Now let's go and have dinner." Bhai said.

" Bhai, I don't feel like eating. I just wish to sleep." I lied.

" But Shreya, at least come out and meet the guests. This will look rude." Mumma said.

She was right but I really don't want to face a certain someone right now.

" Mumma, I really don't feel like it." I tried to argue.

" Fine, just come out for half an hour and then go to sleep..Just this once." She said.

" Fine." I sighed and started walking out with them.

Virat bhai gave me an assuring look.

" Shreya, if you start feeling unwell again, then go." He whispered.

I nodded at him.

" Please god, let me not face him." I muttered to myself.

We reached to the place where dinner was already going on and my friends were hogging like cavemen. I was about to join him when I heard someone call me. As I turned to see, it was Khyati bhabhi who was standing next to Rohit bhai with some people who had their backs faced towards me.

" Shreya, come here." She said.

I gave her a half smile and started walking towards her unwillingly.

I stood next to Rohit bhai.

" What happened? You look half dead and why did you run to your room while the dance was going on?" He asked, bending a little towards me.

" I was not feeling well so I went to my room." I whispered back.

" White lies." He said.

" Excuse me? What?" I asked, almost panicking. 

How can he know the reason???

" Yeah, because I was dancing better than you." He said arrogantly.

I rolled my eyes.

" Really Rohit bhai? When are you planning to grow up?" I asked.

" A year later when you actually grow up. That is, never." He said.

" Bhai, why are you so keen on irritating me? It's your sangeet and I don't want to hit you." I said.

We were so lost in our bickering that I failed to notice that people had started staring in this direction.