Chapter- 40

Difficult time's going on guys. Please stay at your homes and stay safe!

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Shreya's POV-

The next day, all the relatives started to arrive and it was our Haldi ceremony. It had been arranged in the same lawn but there was a translucent curtain, dividing the lawn into two equal halves where one side was my family and friends and the other side were his.

" Shreya, come and sit here. Once the haldi has been applied to Kabir, it'll be your turn then." Riya bhabhi said as I walked in the lawn with Anika and Adya.

I sat and waited and talked to my idiots.

" So Shreya....honeymoon, where to?" Ronit asked, giving me a sly, smug look.

" Ronit, for going on a honeymoon, you'd first need a girl who likes you, then you'll have to marry her and then comes the honeymoon. So you find the girl first, I'll tell recommend you places where you can go to for that." I replied sarcastically.

He just rolled his eyes and I slightly hit his shoulder.

" What, now I can't even roll my eyes at your nonsense?" He asked, raising an eyebrow in irritation.

" You most certainly can, but then I get to hit you." I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

" Okay, okay now quit this bickering. The haldi is here. Let's start the ceremony." Mumma said, walking towards us with the bowl of haldi paste.

All the family members started applying it to me with some grass. It was a tickly situation and I really just wanted to get up from there but that's when my stupid friends came in, took that bowl, filled their hands with the paste and did my complete makeover. That parade was lead by Rohit bhai being the monkey that he is and not just my friends, there were the kids, my bhabhis and Virat bhai, though he was trying to control the people there.

" Okay....that's very funny but now stop! Seriously! I am covered from head to toe in yellow!" I exclaimed, trying to run away from there but I was completely gathered with them and no, they didn't stop.

" Okay, now the bride and groom cannot see each other till tomorrow evening, until the wedding. This rule shall not be broken or it'll bring bad omen. Am I understood?" A lady, strict looking announced from Kabir's side of the family.

" Yes kids, no meeting each other." Mumma announced, looking at me and then at Kabir through the translucent curtain. I followed her eyes too and Kabir's were looking right into me and then they locked mine with his.

My brain was asking me to look away but it seemed like they had no interest in obeying the command.

I was broken out of the trance and immediately looked away when I felt someone shaking my shoulder.

" You'd want to tone it down if you don't want people to tease you Shreya." I heard Saraansh whisper to me and I blushed.

" Whatever." I muttered and nodded at mumma.

After almost embarrassing myself, I was taken inside for a bath. Thank god for that. I had really started to feel very sticky.

Post the bath, it was the henna ceremony in the evening but before that, I could have lunch and nap for a while to which I was really looking forward to because none of my idiots let me sleep before 3 AM yesterday night and I was woken up at 8.

" Shreya, let's have lunch and then we need to help you get ready. The henna artists will be here in 2 hours." Anika announced.

" Wait a minute, wasn't the ceremony supposed to take place in the evening?" I asked, flabbergasted.